Need some support ladies, got my Glucose Test results

Tiff

LIKE A BOSS
Reaction score
Turns out my sugars are so high that they don't even feel the need for me to do the Glucose Tolerance Test, that I definitely have Gestational Diabetes.

This is freaking me out! I'm trying to find out stuff on it. My ob/gyn said I have to start a diabetic diet ASAP, and that I need to go to a diabetic councellor in the next few days to help me learn how to manage with this.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I'm really scared, although I think It's controlable with diet. Has anyone else had this? Any advice/pointers?

:cry:

Sorry I can't help but :hugs: and I know there are quite a few ladies on here who have it and will be able to reassure you.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I am so sorry.

From what I have heard from other ladies who have it, it is completely manageable and something that you just have to be more aware of!

I am thinking of you and available anytime you need me.

xxx
:hug:

I don't have this myself, but my best friend had this in her pergnancy. It really wasn't a problem. Once she'd seen the dietician and knew how to control it with her diet, she was fine. It goes as soon as you've given birth - so it's not a long term problem.

Don't stress about it babes - it's really not as bad as it sounds!!!

:hugs: Sorry, I cant help, only read briefly in mags about it. x

Thanks, ladies.

I know it should be fine, but it just really threw me for a loop. I didn't have any symptoms (?) of it, and totally figured it'd be fine. Was really strange to have my ob/gyn call me personally too to let me know about it, but in retrospect it was kinda nice I guess.

Now it's a waiting game to see when I can get into the Diabetic Councellor to go over how I need to start eating from now on. I have a horrid sweet tooth, so there's a part of me that's worrying that I somehow brought this upon myself somehow.

I'm sure it will be fine... just makes me kinda sad. Thanks for the kind words! I don't know what I'd do without BnB at times!

:hugs: I didn't have it but my MIL did with her daughter (she's now 6). It's very controllable with diet.

I'm sorry I have no advice hun but hope everything is okay!:hug:

Sorry to hear that honey, try not to be too down about it! Its good that its being acted upon quickly!
I've my next GT test on friday.

i have gestational diabetes hun and its honestly not as bad as ya think if u want to no anything jus pop me a pm xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->