Need some support

iwanababybump

Mum to Jamie- due inApril
Reaction score
Hi girls,
not feeling to good today, im 15 weeks pregnant and my friend at work was 13 weeks pregnant but yesterday she went for a scan only to find out the baby stopped growing about 3 weeks ago :cry:, this has terrified me and now i cant stop thinking about what if this happens to me, i know its stupid to think like this but i cant help it

That poor girl. It must be worrying when it someone so close to you but it is a very unusual situation so try not to worry x

easier said than done but try not to worry darl...will you have a midwife app soon....or try and get in and they may be able to hear the babies heartbeat darl...thatll put your mind at rest...the weeks between 12 and 20 are awful for waiting as you dont feel much movement yet and have h=what feels like ages before your next scan but it will fly by xx

That happened to me in 2001, baby had died at 8 weeks and I found out at 13 weeks. Your friend must be heartbroken. All you can do is be there when she wants you and try not to stay away because your pregnant. It's a tragedy and so sad when a mmc occurs.

As for you think positive, hard I know but just cos it's happened to your friend, doesn't mean it will happen to you xx

I totally understand. The same day I had my second early scan and saw the HB I found out my friend had a mmc at 11 weeks, baby had stopped growing at 6 weeks. She didn't know we were expecting so when we announced i made sure I phoned her personally rather than seeing over Facebook. It is really unlikely for this to happen to you too but it's still scary. I was getting paranoid when my morning sickness eased off so I bought a doppler for just under £20 which has set my mind at ease.

:-( I am sorry this happened to your friend. All you can do is be supportive of her and try and be positive for you and your little one. I know its hard not to worry but please God all will be fine xx

That is devastating for your friend, so sorry to hear this. I was scared of this before my scan. I have borrowed a doppler off a friend and they are wonderful for putting your mind at rest. If you can get one I would recommend it.
Please try not to worry as this is not that common. I'm sure you will be fine :hugs:

I constantly fret about the same thing. I spent the weeks leading up to my 12 week scan convinced that I'd lost the baby. Then I spent the next 4 weeks from the scan to hearing the HB at almost 16 weeks worrying about the same thing. I told my midwife at the time that it was a relief to hear the HB and she said that if I was ever worried, I could go to see them and have a chat and listen to the HB to reassure me.
I'm tempted with a Doppler but worry that I'll become obsessive and then start to panic if I can't find it. It can be hard to find it sometimes as let's face it, they're actually very tiny in there and can easily hide.
Call your midwife hon and talk to her about your concerns. It's always frightening when it happens close to home. My SIL had a MMC in late 2009 so that was constantly on my mind when we fell with Peanut. Sadly it's a waiting game hon and there's nothing that will ever ease your mind totally. Guess it's nature preparing us for the constant worry we'll feel when our bumps are here.
Personally I'm trying to talk Hubby into buying me on of those scan machines that they have at the hospital so that I can look at Peanut anytime I want. His answer can't be repeated on a public forum!

I constantly fret about the same thing. I spent the weeks leading up to my 12 week scan convinced that I'd lost the baby. Then I spent the next 4 weeks from the scan to hearing the HB at almost 16 weeks worrying about the same thing. I told my midwife at the time that it was a relief to hear the HB and she said that if I was ever worried, I could go to see them and have a chat and listen to the HB to reassure me.
I'm tempted with a Doppler but worry that I'll become obsessive and then start to panic if I can't find it. It can be hard to find it sometimes as let's face it, they're actually very tiny in there and can easily hide.
!

i also was very tempted with a doppler but for the same reasons didnt get one as if i couldnt find the heart beat i would be besides myself

thankyou all for reassuring me i just think i need to relax a little

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"