• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Need support, dh doesnt get it!

Mississippi03

Mom to 1
Reaction score
All first tri mommas, i need your comments. My dh doesnt get it.

I feel nauseous.. I dont want to cook and cant think of eating anything i make. My food of choice because im still starving... Kraft dinner! Do i know this isnt a healthy choice? Yepp! Is it better for me to not eat at all? Nope!

I take my prenatals amd omegas daily. Im drinking milk and my water intake is far superior then its ever been.

But dh doesnt agree that im eating kraft dinner 'its not good for the baby'

Can you guys syffering rrom the same please comment and let me know what you are surviving off of to get through first tri so i can show im not the only one lol

Well usually we only have takeaway food 1-2 times a month but in the last 5 weeks since I've been suffering with nausea/vomiting we must have eaten:

2 x Dominoes Pizzas (plus we've made 2-3 pizzas ourselves at home)
1 x Chinese takeaway
2 x chip shop fish & chips
1 x McDonald's
1 x KFC
1 x Burger King
1 x Indian takeaway (plus we've made 2-3 curries ourselves at home!)

I'm hoping I'll want to start eating healthier once the nausea/vomiting has gone.

I think as long as your taking a good prenatal then you'll be getting all the nutrients baby needs at the moment :thumbup:

I've not been that healthy either.

As much as I would like to be able to eat healthily, with the nausea it sometimes just doesn't seem possible at all.

With the multi vit, you'll be okay. Especially at this stage when the baby is so tiny.xx

I think you're doing your best and deserve more support. I'd maybe sit him down and explain just how rough you're feeling and how managing some food is adequate for now And Your supplements are doing the rest. He needs to be more understanding xx I feel for you as during my first pregnancy fob was like that. It was awful and ruined my enjoyment of the pregnancy x

I don't feel like cooking either. I wish I would kick this feeling.

I don't feel like eating the stuff I have cooked I put it in the oven fancying it but by the time it's cooked I'm like yuck yuck yuck!! I can't eat takeaways the thought of a chippy tea makes me heave or any kind of takeaway to be honest. My addiction probably is Apple's or meat, meat meat lol xx

If he wants you to eat healthier, why don't he cook for you then? DH made spaghetti one night. while he was cooking the ground beef, I was busy dry heaving in the bathroom. He definitely could hear me. I hid in the bedroom until he finished cooking. He never said anything about cooking or eating healthy lol.

I've pretty much been living off cereals, packets of cous cous and ham butties lol. I did stretch to a microwave lasagne last night but I didn't like the smell :-(

I don't want to cook, I don't want to eat anything that smells, I don't want to wait for something to cook because when I'm hungry I feel shit, and by then end of the day I'm ready for bed by 7pm.

It's all about instant, odor free gratification round here :haha:

I have no clue what a kraft dinner is though lol

A couple weeks ago I really didn't want to eat. I found that eating small portions and eating really really slow with breaks between bites really helped. I make baked oatmeal for breakfast and found that to be very healthy and something that my stomach would tolerate if I ate it slow. I had lots of peanut butter early on too.

If you need to eat Kraft Dinner, can you add some frozen vegetables in it? I also agree with DH cooking if he wants you to eat healthy.

Men are such fools sometimes... I think as long as you can keep down your vitamins, eat that KD!! :)

I've been craving fruit and that's all I want to eat. Yesterday I bought a honeydew melon and DH says to me, I can't wait till your cravings go away so you can stop buying stupid things... seriously??? a honeydew melon dear... that's good for me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"