Need Support Telling My Parents

Phantom

Mommy
Reaction score
:cry: I am near tears. I just got off the phone with my parents for the first time in a few weeks and they seem miserable. I am so scared to tell them about LO. There was yelling and swearing in the background and my mom is very sick and talking about wanting to die.

They are just so stressed out since my dad lost his job and they moved in with my my grandparents. Everyone has medical problems and is so angry.

When I thought about getting pregnant, I had this picture that a grandchild would bring some joy into their lives, but now I'm not so sure. I NEED to tell them but I'm terrified. With all the money problems and hardships they are going through I don't want to add stress to them.

I don't know if I can do this.

i dont see how you being pregnant would add stress to them, if anything i reckon it would cheer them up...and make them realise there is more to life than money...only my opinion as no one knows your parents like u do...

That's what I would hope too. But I am not married yet. We've been engaged for quite some time but weddings cost money and babies cost money and I'm just very concerned with how they will react. My parents approval is very important to me and I worry about my mom's stress level.

I know its stupid but I have always felt very small around my parents and I really don't have the courage to tell them.

:hugs: hun. I am sure once you have told them things will be fine. We have a very funny way of stressing ourselfes out over these sorts of things. But telling them will prob take stress off you, and you dont know how they will react until its done.

You have got to tell them some day, so sooner rather than later is prob better all round. Babies have a funny way of bringing families together xx

aw hun, when i was pregnant with ds a couple of years back i was talkign to my mum and she was so depressed and was saying the same thing as your mum so i told her we are pregnant so you cant go anywhere you, honestly she was so happy after that, dont get me wrong it wasnt an overnight cure for her depression but it was the kick she needed to start looking after her self and tackling the problems she was having

also my dhs nana was given only a couple more months to live, she was very old, telling her gave her something to hang on for, she only past june just gone so lasted a good two and a bit years

baby news tends to be a happy thing, i think as well if you stress that you will not be expecting any sort of financial help from them whatsoever and are really happy about the decison to have a baby then maybe they will understand that this is not addedd pressure or stress on them xkx

I think u should call ur mum back and just tell her, her reaction will be the same now as it will be in 4month time, I no in my experience I was 19 when I fell pregnant with my son (I'd been with my oh for 2years.. Still am) and I was terrified of what my mum would think but when I finally did tell her she was over the moon as she new me and oh were ment to be and both had good job ect ect u will feel like a HUGE weight has been lifted if u just get it over with GOOD LUCK hun xxx :hugs:

Hi,

We had the same worries over telling our families, for different reasons, but it was nerve wracking all the same.

I was totally amazed at how supportive everyone was though. I was convinced everyone would go mental and be disappointed in us but aside from the initial shock, they really were brilliant over everything. They're all looking forward to the birth now and my mum's even been looking at prams and stuff for us, so she's really gotten into it.

I think babies do tend to bring families together a lot more than you might initially think, especially when you can think of 101 different reasons why they won't be happy, but I honestly don't think it'll be anywhere near as bad as you're imagining it might be.

Good luck with telling them and as hard as it is, try not to worry because I'm sure it'll be fine. X

I think it will bring some happiness, babies always do! xx

Thank you so much ladies. I always dreamed that my baby would help bring the family together like you said. That's a lot of pressure to put on a baby though and mommy isn't feeling very confident at the moment.

My advice would be just to tell them :hugs:

I thought my dad would be horrified but he was really happy for me.

Blackberry says it how it is, even if that not happy at first they will soon change there views.

Good Luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->