Need to add variety, can he eat all this...

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by mumof1+1, Mar 30, 2011.

1. mumof1+1

mumof1+1 Mommato#4beauties

My son is little over 7 months old, he's started to turn his nose up at food, jarred food mainly. He'll eat yoghurts and fruit pots but its on his terms so, in order to get him to eat im going to give him a little more variety, i'm still going to give him some jarred food but in much smaller quantities, rather than his whole meal just being a jar. So, as far as feeding himself is concerned can he have white and brown bread, is toast buttered ok, can he have chips (the frozen kind or do they have to be real chips), a question that keeps popping up by daddy, can he eat wotsits and any other crisps? Im considering his dinner comprising of a little amount of jarred food along with some toast cut into slices, can he have this? Im so unsure about what he can eat of ours apart from some things after having browsed through the threads. Im also thinking of trying him on banana and letting him hold it himself, would that be considered to be ok?

Thanks

2. I let Jake have toast, he hasn't had crisps yet, think they're a bit too salty.
    He loves rice cakes, (you can buy flavoured ones like apple and things!) He could eat a packet quite easily if I let him.

Organix do like a baby range of crisps (as such) for 7months plus and Jake gets on great with these.

Babies love banana (apart from mine!!!!) I have given Jake bits of chips from my plate, theyve just been the normal oven ones, just don't add any extra salt to them at all! (Or any food of babies for that matter :))
    You will get the hang of it, it just takes time!! xx

3. mumof1+1

mumof1+1 Mommato#4beauties

Thanks. I have bought him some of the rice cakes and some of the other finger foods from the 7m+ range and he does like them. I'll leave the crisps out of it for now then. Thinking of mixing some of his jarred food with chips and pasta (not on the same day!!) so that i can use up the jars and introduce him to variety. So far he has been spoon fed and im thinking maybe he doesnt want that anymore. Time to let down the walls and let him get messy :wacko:

I don't add salt onto my meals or put it in my food anyway so that's never going to be an issue, at one point i never even had it in my cupboards!!

I have done it all before but my daughter is now 10 so you can appreciate how much time has passed and the masses of things that have changed.

xx