Need to learn the odd's and ends of TTC

Girl20

Reaction score
Heloooo Ladies!:wave:

I am really new to this whole TTC thing, I never thought it could be so involved.. silly me lol! But I am starting to realize it is much more than just doing the deed and playing that waiting game we all "love" so much, gmf.

Me and my husband found out we were expecting just at the end of August, and by September 7th, on the day of my first Gynea appointment I had a miscairage (at 6 weeks) after some spotting the morning before. It was the worst day ever, felt like someone ripped out my heart - litteraly! I miscairied Naturally and my Gynea told me that there would be no need for a D&C (I think thats what it's called) as I was still early and the chances of anything being left behind was very scares.

So she suggested that we start using StaminoGro (this is sup. to improve the quality of my eggs and my husbands sperm), and wait at least one cycle before TTC again.

My period came on the 15th of October and lasted for about 4 days, nothing major it was mild bleeding.
We started TTC again after my period was done, and Yesterday I was so dissapointed when I got my period agaaaaain 15th of November!!!!!!!

This might sound grouse so close ur eyes if u dont want to hear the gory details lol:shy:

I had cramping like the whole week, and when I went to the bath room oon the morning a bloody jelly thing the size of the palm of my hand came out.. I had such a fright!!
I noticed that I am bleeding much more than my normal period usually did and when I took the tampon out a piece that looked like chicken skin came out with the blood - so disguisting i know!!

The blood was bright red and like black clotty things came with it...

I am scared and have no idea if this is normal after having a m/c 2 months ago, has anyone experianced this?????? Pls help!

Also I began my period yesterday so on the 15th of november, Normal 6/7 day periods when should we start TTC??and what should be my most fertile days?? should we have sex every day or every other day?:dohh: lol sorry to be so direct I am just clueless to this

xoxo

Sorry for your loss. I'm not sure what to say about the abnormal periods, but if they continue, go in for an appointment.

Im no expert, but here's some of what i have read. A "typical" cycle is 28 days with ovulation on day 14. It can happen anywhere from day 11-17 though. If your cycle is longer, count back 14 days from :witch: to get average ovulation day. Sperm lives up to 5 days, the egg 12-24 hours.

Most sites say :sex: day 8, 10, 12, 14, 15 to increase odds (assuming normal cycle) many people use ovulation predictors and or sites like fertility friend to keep track of their cycle length. Ff q+a has lots of good info!

Hope this helps and good luck! Try to stay positive- many couples take 6 months to 1 year to conceive. I try to remember this myself. It only took us 2 months ntnp and 2 months trying the first time, but it's hard not to get hopes up!

Hi Butterfly:)

Im definatlly going to get if checked out as soon as I am done.. So i'll problably be going on wednesday or so.

Thanks for the advice, lol lets hope youve got the baby makin recipe!:)

Hi Girl20 im so sorry about ur loss :hugs:

Like what butterfly00 if ur period is still abnormal then u should get it checked out.. It seems lik u ave a 30 to 31 day cycle, am i right? If u do then u would prob ovulate around day 14 to 18. Something like that, there is loads of sites u can go onto to track ur ovulation.. Me & my fiance take the every second day approach, theres a constant build up of sperm & sperm can live up to 5 days. (But this month we didnt do it every seond day) I also use a lube, its safe designed to help sperm swim, its called Conceive plus. I dont know if they would have it where u live? Ive heard pre seed is good too.

After we :sex: i put a pillow under my bum & lay there for about 20 to 30 mins (helps the sperm swim) Just a few little tips, hope it helped.

I just started using the clearblue digi opk this month & i would recommend them. It was my first month ever using an opk & i didnt really no when to test so i just tested twice a wk to see. I got my first smiley last tues & we dtd that night & 2 nights after. I hope it worked for us this month.

I hope u get ur bfp soon & im sorry if i was babblin on to much, lol.

Baby dust!! :dust:

Helooo Eve my girl:)

Thank you so much for the tips, the are all worth trying and I will definatlly put them to good use! Yes you are on the dot I have 31 day Cycles - clever lady lol.

I wrote down the lubes your suggesting and will pop in by the chemist to see if we have it here in South Africa. Where are you from btw?

I had no idea TTC is so involved..
Anyways I wish you luck!! Will be praying for you and please do keep me updated!

No problem, hope i helped! :)

South africa, lovely! :)
I live in ireland, dublin. So miles away from u lol.

Oh i know! I used to think if u ave unprotected sex, thats it ur pregnant! haha. Ive learnt the hard way now.

Thanks for the wish, & the same goes to u. Hope we both get blessed soon :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"