Need to lose 48lb

Hi Ladies

Just been for my weighing ( i get weighed every thursday). I lost another 1.5lb this week :) so thats my half stone! Whoop Whoop.
Just made my salad for lunch tomorrow too x

You go girl!!! I'll weigh Tues (so it will have been a week) and update you then! Good luck everyone! =)

Hi Ladies

Just been for my weighing ( i get weighed every thursday). I lost another 1.5lb this week :) so thats my half stone! Whoop Whoop.
Just made my salad for lunch tomorrow too x

You go girl!!! I'll weigh Tues (so it will have been a week) and update you then! Good luck everyone! =)

Thanks, good luck for Tuesday!

Kaye: well done!!! fab weight loss!!
ibm2009: the ipod tracker sounds brill, might see if I could download something similar to my phone.
snd80: best of luck on tues with the weigh in:)

well, how is everyone?? so have officially started my diet today, yippee. Going to weigh myself every thursday from here on in. Will try that for a while and if I cannot do it on my own will def do weight watchers!!!! Have also been giving glucophage and was told that it could help with the weightloss, excess hair etc etc. Anyone on or took this before????

forgot to say have started hill/mountain climbing!! went already and nearly died climbing up it ha ha ha ha didn't realise how unfit I really was!! if that does not knock the weight off I dont know what will:)

ibm2009: the ipod tracker sounds brill, might see if I could download something similar to my phone.

well, how is everyone?? so have officially started my diet today, yippee. Going to weigh myself every thursday from here on in. Will try that for a while and if I cannot do it on my own will def do weight watchers!!!! Have also been giving glucophage and was told that it could help with the weightloss, excess hair etc etc. Anyone on or took this before????

sorry i havent tried that so cant help with that one.
Wow rock climbing, that gotta burn loads of calories. I need to get shifting my bum too, think i might try zumba

Hi count me in i have to loose about 28lbs, i am kind of doing slimming world but i get a bit demoralised. But as you all say it is for a good reason.

With good support im sure we will all do it together

Thanks and good luck! I am on metformin (glucophage) for my pcos. I have been on it a month and with regular exercise and somewhat diet (hubby was in hospital and we skipped gym 2 weeks), I had still lost about 5 lbs.! It was 4, but I broke down and weighed at the gym last night and had lost another pound since Tues! :happydance: And in 2 weeks, it had also took my cycle from a 32 day cycle to a 29 day cycle! I was amazed! So I am all for the metformin! Hope it gives you good results too... keep us posted and have a great weekend!

i have to lose 56lb in 3-4 months, it's a huge ask, but if i really want my IVF then i will get there, it's going to be hard, and i will probably lapse once and a while, i have joined slimming world on line, because i've tried weightwatchers and various other diet programmes but i love my potatoes and pasta far to much, everything else i can cope without. lol! i have lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks which is incredible as i have been eating LOADS! lol! but loads of the right foods not the usual not eating all day then binging on junk food at night time. it's weird getting used to eating in the morning and lunch time but i seem to be getting used to it now.

xxx

Well done Jenbrem, that amazing 10lb in 2 weeks. Jealous lol.
keep us updated on how your doing, i think if we all keep updating it helps keep motivated.
I am doing slimming world too and i also have been eating loads. its great!

Im making a yummy soup tomorrow. Butternut squash & red pepper. Its really filling & super free and my hubby likes it too :)

Hi ladies!

Kaye you can def count me in as I need to lose 20lbs to be given clomid so I am doing low-calorie diet (1300-1400) and exercise every day for 30 mins (doing Wii Be Active), walking a lot too! If anyone has any tips on losing weight I'd be happy to hear them ...

Hi Valerie1708

Thanks for joining us too.
Well i have read and heard loads of tips. Biggest one is to start the day with a good breakfast, to get the metobolism kick started. Drink plenty of water too, this helps and apparently when we think we are hungry we are infact thirsty, so always try a glass of water first.

I am going to try to swap some brews for water this week at work.

hello :flower:

could I join you? I have been trying to loose weight since febuary, I really want to get my BMI below 30 around the time I hit the 1 year ttc mark... I started of at 227 pounds (just over 16 stone) and now im 195 pounds (13 stone... well nearly 14 stone) im doing weight watcher and not sticking to it particually well but its working slowly but surely. well done to your weight losses so far and FX you all get some good loses and bfp's soon :) :hugs:

Hi Valerie1708

Well i have read and heard loads of tips. Biggest one is to start the day with a good breakfast, to get the metobolism kick started. Drink plenty of water too, this helps and apparently when we think we are hungry we are infact thirsty, so always try a glass of water first.

That was always my biggest problem ... breakfast! I am not a morning person so I never have appetite when I wake up or even 1-2 hrs later. I've heard it before that you have to eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.

I drink plenty of water because I get thirsty while I exercise. My scales/body analyzer says I have 45,3% water in my body which is good amount, 50% would be better though.

I do low calorie, low GI so I swapped bread/rice/pasta/potato for crispbreads and wholegrain pitta bread, granary etc, brown rice, wholewheat pasta, new potato (jacket potato from time to time). I love veggies and fruit so trying to eat as much of these as I can.

I get hungry (or so I think) in the evening, I crave something. I reckon it's psyhological "eating out of boredom", in front of TV etc. Need to fight that and I will be fine!

Kaye: That soup sounds delicious!!! My work mate does zumba too and loves it! It sounds fun too:)

snd80: Another lb brilliant!!!! sounds good with the metformin, I would love my cycles to regulate to someway normal. Do you find :blush: you are in the bathroom more while on it????

Tink81: Welcome:wave: We will all get there hun, dont worry:)

Jenbrem: Welcome:wave: I too love pasta and potatoes but my killer is white breads mmmmm! I love any kind of white bread, thats my biggest problem:( I just have to cut it out!!uuggghhh:):) great stuff on losing 10lbs in 2 weeks!!

valerie1708: welcome:wave: like kaye says: a good breakfast and plenty of water!! I also try to go shopping after I eat as I find that I tend to put less crap in the trolley:)

Lovie: welcome:wave: that is a good weight loss also, I hope that I can say that I am that weight soonxxx

ended up babysitting last night with my friend mary. The baby is gorgeous!! he is very active for 9 months, makes me even more focused on losing the weight:) Need a positive mental attitude from here on in!!

Hi Valerie1708

That was always my biggest problem ... breakfast! I am not a morning person so I never have appetite when I wake up or even 1-2 hrs later. I've heard it before that you have to eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.

I drink plenty of water because I get thirsty while I exercise. My scales/body analyzer says I have 45,3% water in my body which is good amount, 50% would be better though.

I do low calorie, low GI so I swapped bread/rice/pasta/potato for crispbreads and wholegrain pitta bread, granary etc, brown rice, wholewheat pasta, new potato (jacket potato from time to time). I love veggies and fruit so trying to eat as much of these as I can.

I get hungry (or so I think) in the evening, I crave something. I reckon it's psyhological "eating out of boredom", in front of TV etc. Need to fight that and I will be fine!

I was never hungry in the mornings either but made myself eat and am pretty much used to it now. I have started to drink tonnes of water as of late and am seeing great results where my skin is concerned. How are you finding the wholegrain etc, does it fill you up??? I also love the evening splurge in front of the tv but have cut that out, am missing it though:) especially when a good film is on!!

alwayswishing,

I don't mind wholegrains as long as I can have occassional piece of bread. I cut out sugar apart from morning coffee (I use Fruisana, natural fructose) and having PCOS and being insulin resistant, I tend to crave sweets but I swapped them for fruit and wholegrain snack bars like muesli bars.

I started eating breakfast, I guess it will take some time to get used to it. I thought maybe to munch on carrot, cucumber etc when I feel like eating in front of TV ...

alwayswishing,

I don't mind wholegrains as long as I can have occassional piece of bread. I cut out sugar apart from morning coffee (I use Fruisana, natural fructose) and having PCOS and being insulin resistant, I tend to crave sweets but I swapped them for fruit and wholegrain snack bars like muesli bars.

I started eating breakfast, I guess it will take some time to get used to it. I thought maybe to munch on carrot, cucumber etc when I feel like eating in front of TV ...

I suppose I could treat myself to some bread every now and again as a treat!! Great thinking on the carrots etc for the tv munch, could be dipped in hummus:)

thanks for the warm welcome :) baby sitting is such a great way to encourage us to stick to the diet, i just love it, especially around the 6 months to 1, they are just so cute and cuddly then :)

i must admit that i dont eat breakfast, i have tried diets before an done the eating breakie thing because it allways says you should, but now i am not, i dont want it, and it doesnt make me any less hungry in the day... infact i think it gets me into the flow of eating! i drink loads of water in the mornings tho.

where have you guys got your targets set for, my target is set for a bmi of 30.. i need ot loose more to have a healthy weight, but for now i will just be happy not to be obese!

x

I have 16lbs to go before I can get Clomid from my FC (they asked that my BMI is less than 35) but then I want to keep losing weight until I am 165lbs-176lbs so I am long way away but for now my smaller goal is to lower my BMI to try Clomid.

i think its better to do it in chnks, if i put my final target weight on a ticker i would feel so hopeless id just sit and eat cake! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->