(Need to rant) Lab hours and phone tag

Orglethorp

Reaction score
So, after 16 months TTC, I finally got my first ob/gyn appointment at the office I was referred to (referral appointment was back in early October, darn these waits!), and naturally along with the smears taken yesterday and the blood tests I have to go for, my fiancé has to do a semen analysis.

Not only does the sample have to be delivered within 1 hour of collection to a lab 30 minutes away from our home, but the lab only accepts drop-offs Monday-Friday between 8:30-1:30. My fiancé works construction, 7:30-5.

Then there's the fact that SA needs to be done on "the best" semen he can deliver, which means the first ejaculate in 2+ days (but no more than 7), so we have to plan to do this on a week day (interrupting his work schedule) at a time outside of my fertile window, but not so close to my next appointment that the results wouldn't be ready.

I don't need more stress while TTC :growlmad:

I've been calling around to see if there are any options for a closer drop-off, or a drop-off after hours, but no one seems to know.

Not all labs do semen analysis and someone has to be available to do it. Because timing is so important it has to be done STAT but it is also not a life threatening test result so having someone available to do it at all times is not realistic for staffing. It is frustraiting but hopefully your husband has some pto he can use. In a way you're lucky.. The closest lab for me is over an hour away and they only do it one day a week! I'd have to get a hotel room!

I think my Hubby took the day off work. The lab was in a hospital so we found a private bathroom and just collected the sample there and dropped it off at the lab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->