need to rant. warning its long.

smitsusan5

call me kayte (:
Reaction score
URGH im so fed up with my home situation, i have a brother who is 21 next week. since i can remember he has sat in his room all day on his computer, he went to uni, left after 2 months as all he did was sit in his room and smoke weed all day. fair play he claimed jsa for 6 months then got himself a full time job. he earns about £300 a week. he only pays £30 a week rent to my parents, the rest goes on running his car and WEED. now my problem is he does JACK ALL around the house, i clean my room and the bathroom which i share with him, my mum cleans his room, and is fine with him smoking weed. im pregnant, his room is opposite mine and he smokes his weed in there, now i dont want to put my baby at any risk so ive had enough and as my mum only sings praise of him, she wont say anything because she doesnt want him to move out as "he is vunerable" and will end up living on the street. good. if thats what he is going to do with his life. yesterday, my parents spent 4 hours cleaning his room. purely because we were fed up of not having enough plates and cutlery, so they threw most of it away. he comes home at 11pm when im trying to sleep, runs up and down the stairs with these 5 full bin bags to empty them on his bedroom floor to look for his smoking paraphenalia. and my mum says hes not addicted. MY BLOODY ARSE HE SMOKES 2 JOINTS A DAY AT LEAST (even more on weekends!) mum seems to think he is depressed. yeah hes depressed because he is a drug addict.

now ive been told im not allowed to have a go at my brother about the smoking, even in his room, incase it upsets him and causes him to move out, even though he is causing m unborn child harm.

argh sorry for the rant but im so fed up! i get the shit of everything in this family and no body will see my side. hes such a skank and i dont know why everyone constantly feels sorry for him, ive had enough!

Aw, treacle :hugs: i really dont understand why your parents seem to think its okay for him to smoke even though she knows its bad for LO :shrugs:
If i were you, i'd say something to him even though she's asked me not to? And if he does get stroppy and say he's moving out, fine. LO can have his room, it also might give him some sort of motivation to stand on his own two feet!

I am 23, my brother is 26 and although he doesn't smoke weed he left university over three years ago and aside from crappy little jobs he has sat on his lazy arse in my parents house 24/7. I still live in my parents as I am retraining as a student nurse but I am moving out before the end of this year, I feel utterly cheated by the fact that he isn't my older brother anymore - just a waste of space - I haven't been able to look up to him, see him move out and learn from him or anything as I would of thought when growing up with him.

My parents think he is depressed like yours do yet they do nothing about it, they moan behind his back about him not getting a job yet they allow him to sit in his room in his pjs with greasy horrid hair each day doing sod all.

I resent him, I don't feel like I even have a brother and I can't wait to move out so I am not here every day. I feel for you, I can't imagine how it would be if drugs were involved too - and I am waiting until I am moved out until I TTC (although I wish I was now) so am not pregnant either, it must be so aggravating. Keep your chin up :) xx

oh god! finally someone who feels my pain. yeah it is hard and i cannot wait to move out yet realisticly this wont be for at least 20 months. it is hard with the drugs because i know that if it was me doing drugs id be out, no doubt about it. they cant baby him forever, even though its not my dad, my dad cant stand him but he backs down because my mum tells him to. i understand he is her child but he is also an adult and has to take some responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->