Need to talk?

Laurana

Working on #4
Reaction score
Been trying for over 2 years and we've told no one. I'm hormonal and needy. :haha:. Anyone want to talk about ttc? Your story, my story or anything... I just want to talk!!! Feeling so isolated with just my hubby to chat with. He's great, but he's not a girl. :winkwink:

I'll chat with you. My #1 was an oopsie (we were 17, TOTALLY not trying!), my #2 took 3 months to conceive, and now I've been off the implant since February and getting grumpy cause it's not happening. Not as long as you, I know! But I wanted a really close age range and I feel it slipping away.

Two years! Have you been to the doctor?

Vent away. :)

i'm happy to chat! :haha: i fell unexpectedly pregnant after spending 2 weeks with OH. 1 of which was on my period. AND we were using condoms...I was planning for a 2-2 and a half year age gap, but i had depression and wanted to get off my pills first. which i managed in april hooray. so i had the implant out ans have had no period since...still ovulating though! which is good.

of my 2 best friends...1 has a 2 year old and a 1 month old...and the other has an almost 2 year old and is 20weeks pregnant...my SIL recently announced that her second is due in January...my DD is 2 on the 12th of this month and I'm so incredibly jealous that all of the women closest to me seem to be well on their way to their little families...while mine just...isnt happening.

so! as the poster above me said, vent away! :)

Thank you ladies for chatting with me :)

I also had oopsy babies- one as a teen even. And one I missed just a couple BC pills when I forgot to take them on a weekend trip for a friends wedding and WHAM! Pregnant. She was trying really hard to get pregnant and didn't... Now I know how she feels. So now here I am, for the first time in my life actually TRYING and nothing. :growlmad:

I have been to the doc, gotten the full work up- everything looks good- even had my tubes power washed to be on the safe side. So this is my first month on Clomid. Just had an ultrasound today- CD10- I have 4 larger follicles- a 19, two 18s and a smaller 13. Going to let them grow just a little more and trigger Saturday with IUI on Sunday morning. REALLY hoping for 1 (if not 2) little sticky beans :)

I'm becoming sooooo obsessive this month though. I'm worried about timining everything just perfect- bossing my hubby around with a BD schedule. Lol
Which is a bit rough because we typically do it everyday- but I'm making him wait to keep numbers high! :winkwink:

What CD/DPO are you guys?

I'm 10dpo. I keep getting BFN's though. /sigh. I know I shouldn't test so early, I just can't help it when I have a large pile of Wondfo's taunting me. ;)

Good luck with your IUI this month!

How old are you ladies? I'm 33. I'm starting to feel the ticking.

10dpo is way early but I'm guilty of testing as early as 7dpo :blush:

I just turned 34 about a week ago... Definitely feeling the clock ticking. I'm terrified of the over 35 high risk category for some reason. Pregnancy is scary enough without adding to the risks.

Oh, I started testing at 6. I'm sitting on a giant package of Wondfos and can't resist peeing on things. ;)

I'm already high risk. I don't want the age high risk too, ya know?

Oh, and happy late birthday!

Oh, I started testing at 6. I'm sitting on a giant package of Wondfos and can't resist peeing on things. ;)

I'm already high risk. I don't want the age high risk too, ya know?

Oh, and happy late birthday!

Haha! Yeah... Peeing on sticks is fun. I pee on OPKs and pretend they are HPTs. Is that wrong?!??

And thank you... Ended up being a nice birthday even though I got a BFN followed by AF that day. Maybe this month'll make it all worth it. :)

Ooh, will keep fingers crossed for you! I had a chemical/early MC (what do you call 4w6d?) last month. I was pretty devastated cause it just seemed so right. My due date was my daughter's birthday (even though I have to c-sec at 36-37 weeks, I thought that was cool) just... lots of little signs. I sobbed when the tests started getting so much lighter.

I'm starting to think I'm out this month. I know it's completely ridiculous to feel out for not having a positive on 10DPO, but still. :/ It's just not feeling like my month. Our BD was OK (O-3 and O) but... I'm just not feeling it. Of course, I didn't feel last month either. But look how that turned out for me.

OK, enough pity party. LOL

I rarely get OPK's. I pretty much O on day 14 like clockwork, so I figure why bother? I temp and that proves it to me well enough. :)

Hats off to you for managing 2yrs. We're at 1 year now and I am at that point where i want to smash something, all while wanting to give up and sell off our #1's baby gear (many of which was secondhand and we got like 5yrs ago).
It's so darn hard and more so when people say that it only took them 3 or so months. Each month is like another year to us.

do you mind if I join you ladies? I would love to vent!
My son was also an accident (also went away, forgot my bc and 2 weeks later a + test), he was born in 2008. I had a similar situation in 2011 that ended in mc at 7 weeks on my birthday. We decided we would really like another baby and without af returning another + test in Feb 2012 that ended in mc at 11 weeks (baby stopped growing at 9). We waited a full cycle after af returned and figured I would be pregnant again within a month. That was last May. Every month that goes by stings a little more. The sad part is I don't even think my hubby knows what a POAS addict I've become! Dr's say not to worry about it we have a living healthy 5 year old and can obviously get pregnant but the more time that drags on the less hope I have.

Thanks for listening!!!

Ooh, will keep fingers crossed for you! I had a chemical/early MC (what do you call 4w6d?) last month. I was pretty devastated cause it just seemed so right. My due date was my daughter's birthday (even though I have to c-sec at 36-37 weeks, I thought that was cool) just... lots of little signs. I sobbed when the tests started getting so much lighter.

I'm starting to think I'm out this month. I know it's completely ridiculous to feel out for not having a positive on 10DPO, but still. :/ It's just not feeling like my month. Our BD was OK (O-3 and O) but... I'm just not feeling it. Of course, I didn't feel last month either. But look how that turned out for me.

OK, enough pity party. LOL

I rarely get OPK's. I pretty much O on day 14 like clockwork, so I figure why bother? I temp and that proves it to me well enough. :)

I hate the term "chemical". We work hard at ttc. We pray, plead, make deals with God. We spend our money and suffer through hormones. In the week I knew I was pregnant before i miscarried, we celebrated that test and started planning a nursery- picking names. Losing a pregnancy is awful- especially when you have something special attached to it, like your daughters birthday. It's way more than just a chemical reaction. Okay- chemical rant over. Lol

Anyway.... I seem to randomly feel out or pregnant each month. I think the "feeling" is irrelevant. I have been so sure I was pregnant and BFN. On the other hand, I have been so sure I wasn't pregnant that I didn't bother testing but ended up with my daughter. So no giving up yet! It isn't over til it's over!

Hats off to you for managing 2yrs. We're at 1 year now and I am at that point where i want to smash something, all while wanting to give up and sell off our #1's baby gear (many of which was secondhand and we got like 5yrs ago).
It's so darn hard and more so when people say that it only took them 3 or so months. Each month is like another year to us.

I say smash away! Go to a garage sale and buy some old mismatched dishes and then break 'em all!!!! Hehe... Do whatever it takes, but DON'T SELL THE BABY STUFF!! :haha:

We're all getting pregnant. It's going to happen. Hopefully this month. Yup. I'm declaring it right no- no one leaves this thread until they are knocked up!!! :haha:

do you mind if I join you ladies? I would love to vent!
My son was also an accident (also went away, forgot my bc and 2 weeks later a + test), he was born in 2008. I had a similar situation in 2011 that ended in mc at 7 weeks on my birthday. We decided we would really like another baby and without af returning another + test in Feb 2012 that ended in mc at 11 weeks (baby stopped growing at 9). We waited a full cycle after af returned and figured I would be pregnant again within a month. That was last May. Every month that goes by stings a little more. The sad part is I don't even think my hubby knows what a POAS addict I've become! Dr's say not to worry about it we have a living healthy 5 year old and can obviously get pregnant but the more time that drags on the less hope I have.

Thanks for listening!!!

Welcome to pee-on-a-stick anonymous... I'll start. My name is Laurana and I am a POASaholic. It all started so innocent- pulling the stick out of the trash just to be SURE there was no line. Then I found myself justifying testing two days in a row- I mean if I used the cheap test maybe it was faulty right? I knew I had hit bottom when I was sneaking out to get more tests, testing alone late at night and hiding the evidence from my husband. I have accepted I have a problem, but everyday is a struggle. Be it OPKs or HPTs, I don't feel content until I've analyzed a stick! :haha:

Anyway... You've had one, the docs are right, you'll get another... You may just need a little push. Are you getting any treatment? I'm thrilled to be on Clomid finally- I have at least 3 really good follicles this month. Hoping one or two work out for us!

lol I like the "aholic" a lot better than "addict". I'm in the same boat. Sneaking off to buy more at 3DPO and I don't think hubby has any idea how much I have spent on this stuff or how much those negatives burn!
My Dr's do not want to try assisted as it was so easy for us before. I've cut out a huge amount of the stress in my life, stopped drinking caffeine, started getting 8 solid hours of sleep at least every night and taking vitamins every day. If still no improvement by December I think I may try clomid (or any other options presented to me). I don't chart as again I don't think my family is aware just how badly I want this and my husband wants a more natural approach. Do you think they will ask me to before clomid?

I really wanted a natural approach.... Didn't work out so well for me though. But anyway... My doc suggested I chart. I nicely told her I have way too obsessive of a personality and don't want to put myself through all that. She didn't seem bothered by that at all and just said to be sure I use my OPKs. Which I do. She has proceeded with testing and Clomid for me anyway- so I'm guessing there's a good chance you won't be ordered to chart either. :thumbup:

Charting really makes me obsessive too. Last month I didn't chart, ended up pregnant (/sad) and didn't test once till 12dpo. This month I've been obsessing since 7dpo, checking every twinge, marking all symptoms, etc. Ugh.

I think I'm going back to not charting next month. The stress is going to kill me. I know I ovulate on day 14. I'm good.

Charting just seems like too much. What info do you get charting that you can't get through other means?

Welcome to pee-on-a-stick anonymous... I'll start. My name is Laurana and I am a POASaholic. It all started so innocent- pulling the stick out of the trash just to be SURE there was no line. Then I found myself justifying testing two days in a row- I mean if I used the cheap test maybe it was faulty right? I knew I had hit bottom when I was sneaking out to get more tests, testing alone late at night and hiding the evidence from my husband. I have accepted I have a problem, but everyday is a struggle. Be it OPKs or HPTs, I don't feel content until I've analyzed a stick!

Hahahaha I could have written the above paragraph! That is exactly what I'm like! :flower:

Still no sign of AF, but I know myself she's on her way..... I usually crave chocolate.. And so far today I've managed to demolish two family sized bags of maltesers!!!! :haha:

I hope she hurries up! :coffee:

Chocolate is a dead give away for me too... Oddly, I'm hormonal from these meds (as proven by crying over a puppy video I saw)but my appetite is GONE. maybe it's just anxiety? Can't wait for my ultrasound and trigger tomorrow! I'm getting excited and getting my hopes up. I'm going to fall hard if this doesn't work this month. I'm fantasizing about twins even. I'm messed up. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->