Need urgent advice please.

jessilou

Reaction score
Hello,
I need some advice please. I am sitting here literally sobbing.I ended up having an assisted birth with a ventouse and a mediolateral episiotomy
I am 12 weeks post partum , and my episiotomy has still not healed. It is much better than it was a few weeks ago as in pain wise, but still stings when I wee. I have been so horrified by it all that still havent had the courage to have a proper look.

At 1 week PP I started to really sting , doctor said my stitches had come undone in parts which is why the prolonged healing phase.

Has anyone had this , how long did it take to heal? I had swabs that were all negative for infections/thrush ect.

They said that the skin part has to heal from the inner part outwards.

I dont know if I should just wait and see if it keeps healing. Saw my doctor 4 weeks ago and she said it looked like it was healing.
I am so scared and this is just making me so depressed.
What should I do next?

DO have a look. Check if there is no blood/pus.

If it looks normal. Then unfortunately you have just to bear it.
Maybe try clotrimasonum (sp?) cream, they usually use it for thrush, but I have noticed it helps also if it is sore down there.

Try maybe soothing ice packs. And take it easy.

Sorry, no other advice...

Oh, also heard that putting good quality honey can help the healing.

hi there, how you doing now?

I had a forcep delivery after an episiotomy resulting in a 4th degree tear. (took 360 stitches to fix so pretty bad)

It took me til about 5 months to heal. I had to either pee in a shallow bath or use a squirty bottle while peeing to reduce the pain. Sitz baths were great, as well as big padded sanitary towels. I was so much more comfortable having pads kind of cushioning my bits.

If you are really worried then try get to your gp for check up. Otherwise keep taking pain relief, lots of warm sitz baths and go easy. You will heal, it just takes time. Mine happened in october 2013 and i had my second baby august 2015 so didnt put me off xxxx

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have no idea how many stitches, as never thought to ask! That is scary :( At 15 weeks i really started to feel better. Scar tissue is still sensitive. and I can feel the scar its bumpy but started having sex and I think it helped stretch things out. I was terrified to have sex but it wasn't that bad. I am hoping that with time the sensitivity will lessen. But I find it feels better when I excercise ( sounds weird i know!) From past stitches, in head and arm it took me a while for sensitivity to go so hoping this is just the same. Its so weird that I am still to scared to properly look, I am worried I have an ugly vag lol. That said i didnt look at it before .

Hello I gave birth 3 weeks ago and had the same type of episiotomy as you! For some strange reason it still hurting and stings so bad when I wee! I've also had issues with the stitches reopening and midwives sent me to triage to have it looked at (I was SAT in a waiting room for over 3 hours waiting to be seen) they took a swab and said it would heal itself. That was at 5 days pp and I was starting to feel better but now the pain has returned! I also have grazes that sting whenever I go toilet, even washing warm water over it kills :(

I can't believe you were 12 weeks pp and suffering

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"