Need your advice ladies re scan dates and what did you see???

losingtheplot

Reaction score
So I am supposed to be 6 weeks today went for a scan as I have been having a little bit of spotting and previous ectopics, so I was expecting to see a sac with a fetal pole and maybe a heartbeat ( the best outcome) sadly it was just a gestation sac with a little sac inside, the lady said It was measuring at 1 cm so only making me 5 weeks or less, she said come back in 2 weeks we will either see a heartbeat or it will not have grown and will be a miscarriage, any words of hope for me ladies? I am already expecting the worst just gutted really this is my second loss, annoying I am feeling so bloody sick!!!! X x

Are you absolutely sure of your O date? There is a chance that is happened later than you think and that explains why you're only measuring at around 5 weeks.
There are loads of stories on here with women on the same position as you and they've gone back and seen a beautiful heartbeat.

I hope that is exactly what you get to see!

Ahhhhh these early scans....so many of us have them in order to 'reassure ourselves!' And I'm sure they are more worry than they are worth!
Iv had 2 miscarriages and on my third pregnancy have only just had my first scan (yesterday at 12 weeks ) that truely made me feel relaxed.
Previous scans, varying form 4.5-7.5 weeks have just given me things to worry about.
Best example is this pregnancy where I actually waited until 7+3 for the very reason that I didn't want to be In a quandary over not being able to see a heartbeat etc etc . Saw the heartbeat but it was so slow that all the studies on the internet quoted 100%miscarriage rate!!! That was the most unpleasant week until the next scan.

Anyway in my rambling I'm trying to say that it's just too too early to tell. It's so hard but you have to try Not to worry. Measurements can be out, ovulation can be different to when you thought, sperm can hang around, uterus can be tilted (can make you measure behind from what iv read!) and baby can just be different to the norm!!!!!!!

Good luck I hope for you it's good news! It's gone both ways for me in the past but all the worrying In he world couldn't change anything!
Xx:flower:

I had a scan with Sophie at 6+3 that put me at 6+0 with a mean sac diameter of 11.43mm. Mean sac diameter is an average of 3 or so differing measurements taken of the gestational sac.

10mm sounds fine to me! It means you're about 5+5 doesn't it? MSD + 30 = days past LMP. So 10 (mm) + 30 = 40. That divides into 5 weeks and 5 days if my brain is working.

P.S there was no fetal pole etc. Was worrisome as I saw a 2mm fetal pole with heartbeat with my son at 5+4!

Thanks so much ladies, I did an ov test and got a surge but that does not mean I actually ovulated then I suppose it could have been 24 hours later, the doc said it could go one way or the other it's just waiting it's so painful but fingers crossed thank you x

Hoping for the best for you. I get watched closely but I know their dates are usually wrong compared to mine. With my DD I knew I ovulated on day 22, so when they assumed I would be 8 weeks from LMP I was actually only 7 weeks. (I ended up measuring 7 weeks 1 day).
Hoping for the same thing this go around as I once again ovulated on day 22 and currently to my standards I am only 3.4 days along but to their standards I could be 4.4 days along.

Keep us updated and for now try not to worry too much about it. Think about today. Today you are pregnant.

So I had my scan today and all was fine I am 8 weeks yay!! X

I never go for scans before week 9, unless something is going wrong. Week 6 and 7 scans seem way to early...especially if you are off on your dates.

I got my scan at 9W5D with my first pregnancy and I saw the fetus, little arms, little legs, more like stumps, I could see it moving around and I could see the heartbeat, but it was very small and still so undeveloped.

I will be going for my first scan soon, within the next 2 weeks.

Awh thats feb news :)
I had a loss at the end of aug and catched again straight away,I based my weeks on the first day of bleeding with my early loss,was told to treat it like another period.
so I thought I was 6 weeks 3 days
went for scan yesturday,got all excited then I get told that im measuring just under 5 weeks with empty sac :( my heart completey sank when she told me.
Instead of keeping me waiting for another scan in 10days im having my bloods done tonight.
sunday night they were 1000 so im hoping they have doubled,I was told for under 5weeks thats really good. Also with my dates now the only way I can work it out is that we BD and then I ovulated 4 days later,so if all goes well OH had some good sticky swimmers! Thats the only thing that's making me worry.

Hope my outcome is like yours :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->