[Need your Help!] Calling all mothers who have successfully gotten through emotionall

morello88

Reaction score
Hi (I hope this post is allowed here),

My name is John and I’m a copywriter looking to chat with a few mothers who remember how tough it was to be pregnant for the first time.

I’ve come to notice a glaring lack of emotional or psychological materials to support expecting, first-time mothers who are experiencing intense anxiety, depression and loneliness.

Some quick examples of their fears:

• Fear of losing self-identity (because all the focus is on the baby)

• Fear of not loving their child when they are born – and guilt from having negative thoughts about the child birth

• Fear of complications or miscarriage during birth

So my idea was to get stories from real mothers who had similar experiences and got through them successfully.

I’d like to turn these motivational stories into a small, self-published booklet (kind of like “Chicken Soup for the soul,” but for first-time mothers).

If you ever wished you had someone beside you during your pregnancy, telling you:

“It’ll be okay, everyone goes through this. You’re not abnormal…”

This is the chance for YOU to be that supportive person.

Often these fears are too “taboo” for most pregnant mothers to voice out loud…

So they can’t turn to anyone they know – certainly not their husband (can you imagine the insecurity and strain that would bring into the relationship?).

Even if they did talk to their spouse, it’s likely they wouldn’t understand…

What results is loneliness, anxiety and possibly even depression.

I believe the answer to this is to put together a short booklet filled with inspiring stories from real mothers who have gone through these experiences.

With your story, they’ll learn that their feelings, insecurities and fears are completely normal.

These stories would let them know others (just like them) went through the same experiences and ended up getting through such tough times would be a relief for them.

So…

If you’d like to be a part of this special project –
and want to make a positive difference to new mothers
with your story, then please get in touch with me!

(Plus, you can say to your friends that you’ve been featured in a book :p )

It would be especially helpful if you had experience with any of the following during your own pregnancy:

• Fear of being alone with the baby

• Financially unstable / insecure – and being unable to provide for their child

• Fear of losing self-identity (since all the focus is on the baby)

• Fear of not loving their child when they are born – and guilt from having negative thoughts about the child birth

• Fear of complications or miscarriage during birth

• Fear of own death / fear of intense pain while giving birth

• Have felt generally depressed or anxious about giving birth

• “Irrational” fear of exercise during pregnancy

• Afraid to have sex during pregnancy

If you have any of the experiences above (or just want to share your story), I’d love to have a chat over the phone / voice-chat and listen to your story.

You can remain completely anonymous or share some basic details about yourself.

So if you’re interested in contributing to this special project, please PM me:

• Your name

• Time zone

• When you’re available for a chat

• How you’d like to connect (Skype, phone or whichever voice chat software you prefer).

(Please note, I cannot pay you for your story! If you wish to share your story, please do so voluntarily – to help first-time, expecting mothers who are going through emotionally difficult times)

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->