Need your honest opinion!

PiperDilly

Reaction score
So my husband was just informed that he'll be losing his job in the next 12-18 months. That means we'll be losing our health insurance, which means we'll be losing our infertility coverage. He will get a severance package, so we won't be left completely high and dry when he is laid off. But we also have no idea how long it will take for him to find another job...

So... My question: if you were in my situation would you take advantage of the infertility coverage and TTC baby #2 right now or would you wait until everything is all sorted out? (Who knows if his next employer will offer infertility coverage! It's not required in my state.) We weren't planning to try until next Fall. I know I'm the only one that can make the final choice, but I just need to hear other opinions!!

Thanks!

Why does your signature say you're pregnant now if you want to try next year?

Why does your signature say you're pregnant now if you want to try next year?

That's an old signature. My daughter is 2 now. I haven't been on this site since she was born and I don't remember how to take it down. Lol

You go to usercp and then edit signature.

In your situation, as long as financially you will be able to make it through on one income (or none if you are staying home), I would go for it now. If you know you will need fertility treatments, want another and were planning on trying again - no reason to wait! How does your OH feel? What were your reasons for wanting to wait another year?

I would be less concerned about the infertility coverage and more concerned about the lack of health insurance during your pregnancy and after. If you TTC now and he lost his job in 6 months, do you plan to use your health insurance to cover your pregnancy care, the birth and for all your family's health care? That would be my concern. Do you even know if you need any infertility treatments? It could certainly be if you try, you'll get pregnant easily, unless you know you have something that will require IVF, and it wouldn't even be an issue. I probably wouldn't necessarily rush TTC if you weren't otherwise, just because of some hypothetical situation, but I also definitely wouldn't TTC if I didn't know for sure I'd have health insurance at all. Could he look for a new job in the meantime to provide you with some more security?

I see where you are coming from but that is playing with fire... What if your baby ends up poorly when they are born and the health insurance runs out? I think you should really wait until he finds another steady job in my opinion. What's your husband's opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"