Needing a little advice here.

LittleBunnie

Trying for #1
Reaction score
So, my sister sent me a text this morning that she had been bleeding a bit so she went into the ER.

She hasn't seen an actual OBGYN yet and her appt was scheduled for Sept 30th. We were trying to figure out how far along she was and she told me that her last menstrual was July 22ish. I think that puts her at about 9w3d from what I'm reading.

She said at the ER when they did the ultrasound all they saw was an empty sac. :nope: She is trying to keep positive and they told her it might be too early to see anything..

I'm just curious as to what are the chances it is too early to see anything? :nope: This is her first pregnancy and I am so worried for her. I am trying to remain optimistic for her but I'm not sure how this works. Any advice is appreciated.

I'm sorry hun. I don't like to read and run bit I don't have any advice either.

Are her cycles irregular? Cause that could mean x chance of late of ovulation and she could be jot as far as you think.

Could she have ovulated late in her cycle? 9 weeks they would find a baby but if she ovulated very late in her cycle and she could possibly be 5-6 weeks then that would be normal. Fingers crossed for her! Did she have bloodwork done?

Could she have ovulated late in her cycle? 9 weeks they would find a baby but if she ovulated very late in her cycle and she could possibly be 5-6 weeks then that would be normal. Fingers crossed for her! Did she have bloodwork done?

I do know that she gets a period every month but not sure about her LP or anything. :( She got a + pregnancy test on Aug 25th.

I tested positive on the 19th of Aug and that was at 3+3. Unfortunately to me it seems that she should some where around how far I am no matter what which to me means they should have seen something but I will keep my fx

It's entirely possible she ovulated late in her cycle or has her numbers messed up..If she ovulated just a week or so later than the 14 day mark, that would put her at closer to 6 weeks when she had that test..and some people don't find a fetal pole and heartbeat until closer to 7 weeks. Did she go to the ER yesterday when you posted? If her dates are accurate then chances are she has a blighted ovum..but if her dates are wrong there is still a chance, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

With DS, I got a BFP on August 25th, and a scan on Sept 18th. We were able to see the baby and the heartbeat BARELY (they said they wouldn't be surprised if we didn't) I measured 6+3. My last period was July 16th. I did not have irregular cycles, but I ovulated way late.

Was the scan TV or Abdominal? Mine was abdominal, but they said they were really surprised to be able to see it that early on the external.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"