Needing hope. Low hcg and a bleed. SMALL UPDATE PG 5

yourstruly10

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I found out a few days ago I am pregnant with baby #4. I woke up this morning to medium AF like flow that was red but no pain. Forgot to take my usual morning test so I laid in bed panicked. Help for an hour and took my test and it was even darker then yesterday's. I was so confused so off I went to my doctors who did a beta hcg which basics came back inconclusive at 13. She said 6 is not pregnant and 25 and up is. I go back Monday for more blood work. Now a few hours late and the bleeding has all but stopped and is just spotting and brown. Still no pain. Test still darker. I'm so confused.
I'd only be about 3 weeks 5 days today.
Surely if it was a miscarriage or chemical the tests would get lighter and I'd keep bleeding?

Anyone have any positive stories?
I've added pics of my tests. Top tests in each set are yesterday and bottom is today. Even the doctor agreed they were getting darker.

https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb343/yourstruly20102011/Mobile%20Uploads/20150606_071919.jpg

13 is fine for right now as you are super early still. Also the bleeding could easily be from implantation or a possible subchloronic hematoma. Hcg has to start lower in the beginning as everyone has to start somewhere. If all is good it should be roughly doubled within 48hrs. As long as it rises its all good. Problem is drs/nurses tend to make people panic over these things that pretty much arent an issue. I wish they would say that low hcg is often just fine at this super early stage as you would have very recently implanted.

Btw many have had that low hcg and still went on to have healthy babies. As long as you have a positive test its considered pregnant no matter what. I had spotting at 5 weeks and all is still just fine and im almost 25 weeks and my boy is doing great and kicking like crazy.

Thank you so much. It's really nice to hear reassurance. My bleeding has completely stopped now and I have no pain so I'm going to hold off and test again in the morning. Hoping it's still getting darker.

I totally agree with orionfix...you re way to early to expect much higher hcg levels...funnily enough a good 14 months ago I was chatting with this lady..13 dpo and her hcg was 12... She had her baby in January after a completely stress/problem free pregnancy. Good luck and even though I know it's way easier said than done try not to stress too much cause it won't help your beany along. Keeping my fxed for you.

Btw...ok I ve had 3 mcs BUT I m currently expecting my 3rd earth baby...with 2 of the 3 I ve had from mild to very heavy bleeding during different stages of the pg for different reasons but they all ended up well.

My goodness you ladies are wonderful. It's so good to hear positive stories. I've had three babies and this would be my first miscarriage if it's that.

Do you mind me asking of it is a miscarriage how long will it take for my tests to go negative with my hcg sitting at 13? I'm sitting here obsessively taking tests today and not one has gotten lighter. Even with no hold.

If it's a miscarriage with hcg at 13 I'd think your test would go negative by tomorrow or the next day. With one of my miscarriages, my hcg was around 1500 when it started dropping and it took about 10 days for it to go negative. With my 2 chemicals, the bleeding was like a period and lasted 3 days for one and 5 with the other. I'd think if you were miscarrying, the bleeding would have continued for a few days at least (that's been my experience anyways...2 chemicals and 3 miscarriages) I had a bleed with my now 2 year old and obviously she is fine. It lasted a few hours and was heavy and bright red. I also had loads of pain with mine and, like I said, she was/is fine. No one can know for sure at this point, but it really doesn't seem like a miscarriage to me. Good luck.

Thank you. I'm so confused. Yesterday I got a negative digital and this evening with a 1 hour hold I got a 1-2. Wouldn't my hcg be lower today so shouldn't it be negative still?

Thank you. I'm so confused. Yesterday I got a negative digital and this evening with a 1 hour hold I got a 1-2. Wouldn't my hcg be lower today so shouldn't it be negative still?

Digitals aren't as sensitive. Also, the amount of hcg in urine can vary, especially depending on how concentrated or diluted it is.

If you took it yesterday and your urine was more diluted, it might not have had enough hormone to reach the threshold to give you the 1-2. With the 1 hour hold, it might have been more concentrated. Plus, if you waited a day+, if your hcg levels are rising, it could have finally hit the threshold to give you the positive result of 1-2.

Hopefully you'll get some good results with your blood work on Monday. I know it can be scary.

I had brown spotting with small clots from 5+4 until 7+3 and a big bleed at 15+3. I know it's scary to get through, but try to hang in there. There are so many things that can cause a bleed, even without being able to find the source (they couldn't find the source of any of mine).

I agree that your tests would go negative within a couple of days max. My mcs were further along and it took longer. If your next couple of tests keep progressing I d say the bleeding was probably ib or something minor

Thanks for all the love ladies.

Morning everyone.

I've lost the baby. This mornings downward progression :( this mornings is on bottom.
Still bleeding fairly medium flow. Bright red now.
https://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb343/yourstruly20102011/Mobile%20Uploads/20150607_051417.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->