Needing some advice, please

blmnsdb0916

Reaction score
Im new to this so please bare with me. If this isn't the right place to post this please let me know..
Ok Im a 24 year old mother of 2 & currently TTC #3. For the past 2 months my period has been weird. I normally have my periods on time and they always last 7 days. I was suppose to start my period on December 21, 2013 but started December 19, 2013. It lasted 4 days and wasn't the normal heavy red flow. It was a very light brownish period. I thought I could be pregnant but wasn't. This month I calculated me to start Jan. 19 but instead started Jan. 16. It also lasted 4 days but was the normal redness. On the 19th I had the watery cm, which I googled and I do believe that was fertile cm. I had unprotected sex on the 19th, 24th, and 25th. On Monday Jan. 27th I had a gyno appointment and before she started my pap she told me that I was bleeding. I was extremely confused. Afterwards, I checked myself and I was spotting. It was kind of pinkish. I spotted more that night but both times it was just when I wiped when I used the bathroom. I also spotted the next day and haven't since.
Ok what I was wondering was is it possible that I could be pregnant? My doctor said the reason I was having odd periods was due to me not ovulating but Ive had ovulation pains since November. She also prescribed Clomid for me to take next month. But today I woke up with extremely bad mood swings, tender boobies, headache, and all day Ive been extremely tired.
Im just confused on the whole situation.

to be honest, and i hope im not bursting your bubble, but im thinking that you probably are not pregnant. Only because, your gyno would've probably said something? and if she said that you are not ovulating and prescibed clomid, i assume she gave you a pregnancy test?

I don't know obviously, and if you hope you are, then I def hope you are too and i wish you the best of luck!

i reread your post, and I'm looking at the days you listed If you started your period on the 16th, and it lasted 4 days...that would put you at the 20th. u had sex on the 19th (cd3), 24th,(cd8) and 25th(cd9) for an "average cycle" you ovulate around day 14...

but sperm can live for a few days...so i guess there is a slight chance of something happening from the 25th! But it would probably be too soon to really know.

anyhow....I'm sorry im going on and on. I hope this helps. good luck to u!

I agree with the previous poster..your gyno would have said something, but if you're really concerned i would have them do a blood test just in case

Actually the gyno never gave me a pregnancy test, blood or urine. I guess I'll wait and see what happens. Thanks :)

every time i go in for a pap smear they make me take a pregnancy test, just as a routine procedure. maybe she didn't give you one because she thinks u are not ovulating. have u taken an at home test? (maybe try next week)

If i were you i'd call and tell her all this ^^.

The cervix changes during pregnancy but i doubt the GYN could have noticed any changes that early. My OB doesn't do a pregnancy test either, but ive been TTC for 25 months so they're aware that i am more than aware of if im pregnant or not.

My advice is this. Are you actively TTC or passively (Not Trying Not Preventing) ? If you're actively TTC than I would invest in a basal thermometer, fertility friend app, Ovulation Prediction Kit (personally i like Walgreens) and track everything. I would also skip the clomid this month and do all of the above, also you have children and you're young enough you shouldn't be on clomid. Instead what you need is FSH and LH blooddraws to comfirm egg reserve and age and that you should be ovulating, also your charting will help with that.

Before I left my gyno's office I tried to explain to her that I have the ovulation pains & that Ive NEVER spotted before. Which I understand that as you get older that your period changes also but I've never had a problem till November. But she acted like I was just talking out of my head and pretty much blew me off and kept saying its cause Im not ovulating!?! It's just so darn confusing :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->