Needlecraft

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
are their any girls out there that like sewing, cross stitching and knitting?

I do cross stitching... I have done any for about two years now - been rather busy!!! What do you do?

i love knitting but don't have a project on the go at the moment

I love cross stitching and am currently doing a winnie the pooh throw

I love sewing, I sew for work and for pleasure, I make clothing and also cloth nappies (which is what my business sells :))

meee

i make lots, i have made cloth nappies, i love them, they look so cute lol, i also knit and crochet, people always laugh at me saying im too young but i love it lol

x

I'm knitting right now! Got a knitting machine, but OH found some wool he liked that my knitting machine really doesn't... So currently hand-knitting him a scarf. Then will advance onto a hat... Then maybe gloves. :D

I'm also doing a massive cross stitch (only ever done a tiny wee one, so it's a nice big challenge :D)

AND I bought myself a sewing machine a few days ago. Making a garter at the moment....and got some material for knickers. :happydance:
x

I am definitely a knit wit!
I have gotten really strict with myself about finishing all my projects and using up my stash before I start anything else. It's necessary - we'd be drowning in yarn, otherwise!
I would definitely like to learn to sew next.

haha my OH always laughs at me cos of my big massive stash, i have a massive suitcase full of material and wool, then a 6high chest of drawers full of wool, and then a bag full of wool, and then i have a big pile of material on top of my chest of drawers in our room haha

x

I'm hoarding!! I had to go and buy some new knitting needles the other day so I can make booties... So I of course had to get some new wool for this project... And then I saw some more that I liked (same stuff I'm working with for my mum's xmas prezzie in a diff colour) and got OH some plain wool for a hat... OH GOD! SO MUCH WOOL! We had a clean up last night for our new kitteh and I put all my wool on my chest of drawers.... I KEPT finding another ball! :shock: :lol:

I love doing cross stitch, I'm currently doing a humphrey's corner one for Joseph with his name and date of birth on. I'm just learning to knit now, I got a book out of the library and my first project is a bag, it's very basic but taking forever! :) xx

I have been enjoying some of the needlecraft/fibre arts at these two sites:
https://www.purlbee.com/
https://www.soulemama.com/
Warning! They are dangerous! Many many drool-worthy projects!
Any fun sites from the rest of you? :)

i play on ravelry a LOT! there is so much there to look at and u can pick knit or crochet, then you pick a category and just TONS of patterns comes up, im on it all the time haha

x

Glad I found this. Does anyone know websites where I can buy pul fabric from in the UK?? want to get a head start on my cloth nappies for the next LO

I love crocheting! Haven't done it in forever though. I just got some yarn today to make a matching hats for Kathryn and bean. A pretty green spring green since I don't know the sex. I love making hats :D When I find out the sex of this bean I'm going to make a little sweater :cloud9:

Glad I found this. Does anyone know websites where I can buy pul fabric from in the UK?? want to get a head start on my cloth nappies for the next LO

are you after white or coloured? :)

patterned is near on impossible to get over here, believe me i have tried for my cloth nappy business

I've been cross stitching for over 10 yrs now. My longest project to date has taken me about 9 yrs and counting! :D

I've been cross stitching for over 10 yrs now. My longest project to date has taken me about 9 yrs and counting! :D

Damn! What is it? A full-size tapestry for a castle or something?! Now I'm curious (and also picturing you working on this enormous canvas! :))

Damn! What is it? A full-size tapestry for a castle or something?! Now I'm curious (and also picturing you working on this enormous canvas! :))

:rofl: Nope, believe it or not its only about 14 inches by about 8 inches! Its a pic of 10 in a bed, I keep picking it up and putting it down. Have gone wrong on it quite a few times, which makes me not want to finish it because I know its not right (I'm a bit of a perfectionist!)

One day I'll finish it, don't think I want to give it away so might keep it myself.

:rofl: Nope, believe it or not its only about 14 inches by about 8 inches! Its a pic of 10 in a bed, I keep picking it up and putting it down. Have gone wrong on it quite a few times, which makes me not want to finish it because I know its not right (I'm a bit of a perfectionist!)

One day I'll finish it, don't think I want to give it away so might keep it myself.

Ah! One of those projects. I understand completely.
I have only been knitting for 3 years now, but I have yet to be able to complete a sock. I love the thought of knitting socks, but I just can't seem to stay interested. Weird because they're quite a small project.

I cross stitch, have been doing for about a year or so now :D I have my own cross stitching blog, although it hasn't been updated in a while lol

https://k1ns.blogspot.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->