• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Neg. OPK on first urine, but Pos. on second?

Mom2Chloe

Reaction score
Hi :hi:

Could someone please help me figure this one out??? I have been testing since about CD9. I am now at CD17. I got a positive from a digital on CD10, with light EWCM, DTD. Then tested again on CD12 with a cheap OPK strip and got a negative, but continued to keep testing just in case... then on CD 14 got another positive, DTD. After that I have gotten quite a few positives from my first morning urine. The past two days though my first urine would give me a clear negative, but then when I would test again like 2 hours later (without drinking anything in between) I would get a clear positive... UGH :dohh: Can anyone help?? Do I go by the first test, or the second and why would the second be positive??

If this helps, my cycle is about 29 days, should O about CD16.. I think no matter what though with as much BDing we have done I would think we covered all the bases.. DTD - CD10, CD12, CD13, CD14, CD15, CD16, CD17.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.. :) thank you

I never got a positive with FMU, it can build up as the day goes on. Trust your "most positive" result of the day (i.e. a positive at any time is a positive test for that day).
FMU is not usually the best for OPKs, twice per day (late morning / afternoon) is often recommended.
You are well covered for BD, good luck :p

Ahh... Thought first was better. Good to know that it's not always the best! Thank you ! Is it unusual to have like 3-4 days of positives?

I've heard of people having 3-5 days of positives. The most I've had is 3 days. The best time to test on an OPK is in the afternoon, I've heard. Sorry I can't be of much help! GL!

OPKs only measure the LH surge and you can have more than one surge in a cycle but only ovulate once. Sounds like you're covered so good luck!

They actually say not to use FMU because we all have LH in our systems and it can accumulate over night while sleeping and not drinking/urinating frequently.

You're definitely covering your bases though with all that BD'ing! :)

I've also heard people can have multiple surges in a month if they are trying to ovulate and don't quite make it the first time. Your body tries again and hopefully achieves it that time. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"