Negative First Response but positive clearblue digital

Nikki1979

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Hi all,
Af was due 2 days and yesterday I decided to test. Got a positive with first response ( it wasn't faint - maybe medium level of darkness) and 1-2 weeks pregnant with clearblue digital.

I tested again today with FMU and clearblue still says 1-2 weeks pregnant but the first response is completely negative.

I am guessing I had a chemical but wondering why clearblue is still positive - false positive maybe? Anyone had bad experiences with clearblue?

I had a blood test at the doctors today and will get the result in 2 days but not very hopeful. Had an early loss last year and took me almost a year to conceive this one. Am also have cramping and back pain :(

I rarely get a good positive with FMU. I get better lines with afternoon held pee. You could have Od later or implanted later which would make the testing tricky.

Your urine might have been diluted when you took the FR? Try taking it again later in the day and don't drink too much water so that it's more concentrated.

Thanks. I will try to reduce liquids and hold my urine for a few hours and see what happens.

I take another FRER in case you had a dud... normally FRER show up much earlier for me than Clearblue, as they are more sensitive (than the digital definitely). IMO If you'd had a chemical it would show negative on both, or be the other way around, negative on the Clearblue and positive on the FRER.

xx

Fmu isn't always best for some women because the urine has been in your bladder all night it's technically stale, hcg breaks down after an amount if time so this could be why. Smu has always been better for me or in the afternoon xxx

I also found afternoon gave stronger results. It would make sense about being stale over night so hcg levels potentially varying.

I would maybe try another later and see what it says. Hopefully the blood work will show things are fine and it's just a blip with urine levels

Thanks everyone. Will try and be hopeful until I see blood.

Here's and example. I'm 19dpo and top ic is this morning and bottom is smu after 1 hour and a cuppa!

https://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j373/clacko1987/Mobile%20Uploads/image-35.jpg

It's a lot darker than this mornings was and only 1 hour from fmu! Xxx

I would say the frer is a dud. I've had totally non squinty lines on a frer and not preg on a digi. Is the frer the 6 days sooner one or same box as the other one you took? Xx

I agree, sounds like the FR was a dodgy test. You wouldn't get two positive digis and nice dark lines on cheapies like that if you weren't pregnant, and when I had a chemical the lines were soooo faint.. Not half as dark as those. So try not to worry too much.. Easier said than done, I know. Good luck :hugs:

Thanks for all the responses. I have decided to hold off testing for a few days and see how I go. If bleeding starts that I will take it as a chemical. Had an early loss last year and took me almost 13 months to conceive this one :(

Aww Nikki! Hoping that its a sticky one :) I am going through a similar situation right now and am hoping for the best :)

The other ladies are right though. It may be too soon too tell! I hope this is your miracle month!

An update - my blood results had a very low hcg at 15dpo (16hcg) so it doesnt look like a viable pregnancy :(

I'm so sorry honey :hugs:

I was going to comment and say that unfortunately when I had my loss I still tested positive on a digi, yet my other tests went faint and disappeared. Despite what we all say, I think digis can sometimes be very sensitive.

I really hope it is still early days for you and you just had a dud test. I am thinking of you :flower:

I started bleeding today and have a lot of clots so its the end. My GP is going to refer me to a Gynecologist so hopefully I will have my rainbow baby soon. Thank you all for the support <3. I am hopeful that one day I will give my DS a sibling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->