Negative HPT, 9 days late?

Ladybug2001

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Long story short, I am 9 days late and I took a test when I was a week late. It came out negative.

I'm very regular, so this isn't normal for me.

Yesterday and the day before I had very light cramping, this morning I have no cramps.

We haven't been trying, but there has been an occasional lap in our strictness in protection.

Do I just keep taking tests? At what point do I go to the doctor with this?

I keep hearing so many different things. I've read that it's normal for some women, even women who are regular, to skip ovulation a couple times within their lives. However, I'm curious if your light cramps could have been from implantation and maybe you ovulated later than expected. Or maybe you're just not making enough hcg to show up positive on a hpt yet. Sorry, I'm sure I'm not much help but those are the things I can think of that would cause it at this point.

I would wait 3 days and test again (if you are pregnant, hcg should double within 3 days for normal women). As for the doctor, whatever you are comfortable with. So early on they may just do a hpt and if it's negative they may just have you come back if it gets worse. If you go you can at least ask for a blood test. I am waiting to see the doctor myself until I feel like I know more or if I have more severe symptoms.

I've heard it's normal for a woman to miss one or two as well.

Just strange that I keep thinking I'm about to start and then nothing.

Hopefully you will start(if that's what you're wanting). I've heard women have called heir doctors about getting in for an appointment but they said to wait 2 weeks and to come in if AF hasn't arrived by then. I know that's like 5 more days for you though :/

I was thinking at 2 weeks is when I would go to the doctor.

Honestly I would be estatic, but we were wanting to be more stable in our finances.

I definitely understand that but I'm glad you'd be estatic! 2 weeks sounds like a good amount of time to go see the doctor. Plus that way you can take notes and take in information on any symptoms you may have in the mean time.

Thanks! It's a cruel act from mother nature of you ask me.

Tonight, about to go into day 10, my breasts are now tender and I just feel odd. Definitely keeping notes on symptoms, thoughts, and feelings. We will see how I feel tomorrow. If no visit I will take another test early monday.

Tonight, about to go into day 10, my breasts are now tender and I just feel odd. Definitely keeping notes on symptoms, thoughts, and feelings. We will see how I feel tomorrow. If no visit I will take another test early monday.

Maybe you have implanted, just ovulated, or about to get your period :/ I would bed again... and I would test again in 2 weeks, maybe a week.

I definitely agree about Mother Nature! :/ I've heard of many women not getting their bfp's until 11-20 days so hopefully that's the case with you (hopefully sooner rather than later though!) that's good you're keeping notes on all of that.

Once yesterday and first thing this morning I had a tiny amount of blood when wiping. I fully expected to start this morning, but nothing yet. No cramps so far.

I was going to test again, but the blood threw me off. Reall would expect it to start today.

11 days overdue. We will see.

13 days past due for AF now.

Had brownish discharge for the last 3 days.

If no normal pink/red discharge by tomorrow I will be testing again 2 weeks past due.

Having an odd... burning/cramping sensation not in normal period cramp area. Hard to explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->