negative opk could i still be pregnant?

MissLa

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
been ttc for 3 months, and my period is over a week late. did an opk today as had some spare ones left and seen on internet that a positive opk could mean you are pregnant....it was negative :( so worried that i'm not pregnant now and feel so deflated :(. i am going to try a hpk tomorrow so hope that shows positive. Thought i would concieve straight away after coming off the pill! im so impatient! been off the pill since jan, but only been properly trying (sex every other day) for 3 month. Just wondered if anybody is in same situation? x

Hi everyone,
been ttc for 3 months, and my period is over a week late. did an opk today as had some spare ones left and seen on internet that a positive opk could mean you are pregnant....it was negative :( so worried that i'm not pregnant now and feel so deflated :(. i am going to try a hpk tomorrow so hope that shows positive. Thought i would concieve straight away after coming off the pill! im so impatient! been off the pill since jan, but only been properly trying (sex every other day) for 3 month. Just wondered if anybody is in same situation? x

An OPK isn't really a good source to determine pregnancy. I wouldn't get down just yet! Take a HPT and see what happens. :)

You absolutely still have a chance at being pregnant!

Opks pick up pregnancies because the hormones they are testing for are very similar. However, hpts are MUCH more senstive (and geared specifically to the hcg hormone) so you'd get a positive hpt first, then a +opk. So, there is a window in there where you'd receive a +hpt but a negative opk.

Also, most women have a second lh surge (the hormone opks are testing for) right before their period so the fact that you got a negative opk likely means you're NOT about to get your period.

100% I'd go out and pick up a frer. Fx & GL!

I got positive opks when pregnant but only a few days after the pregnancy test showed it.

thanks everyone. i have bought a clear blue digital hpt to do in the morning :) x

I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant and my OPK is negative so it doesn't work for everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->