Negative pregnancy tests, positive ultrasound??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Whosethatgirl, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Whosethatgirl

Whosethatgirl New Member

Has anyone ever experienced this or heard of it? I was given both blood and urine tests and both came back negative but the ultrasound is showing a "white ring" which I am told means I am pregnant. Is this possible?? If it is not a pregnancy, what else could the "white ring" be??

Please help!!

2. DarlingMe

DarlingMe Well-Known Member

There is a name for it! I cant think of it... If I find it I will update. Something where the HCG has to be diluted for it to become positive. Like add a half a cup of water to a tablespoon of urine and it will become positive... So they are thinking you have a embryo sac? How far along are you?

3. emily86

emily86 mum to 2

ooh how weird - i have never heard of that before x

4. marnie79

marnie79 Well-Known Member

sorry hun havent a clue, hope it means u r though xx

5. Whosethatgirl

Whosethatgirl New Member

They are not sure how far along I am since I am still getting AF, or at least something like it. I tried to calculate it and I would have to say 5-6 weeks. I had no idea I could even be expecting. I had an ultrasound for another reason and everyone was surprised when they found the "white ring." Right now everyone seems to be confused....:huh:

6. sweetpea01

sweetpea01 Well-Known Member

I have heard it is rare but it does happen.

7. GracefulMom11

GracefulMom11 New Member

Just recently someone I know had negative urine and blood tests, but ultrasound revealed she's 3 months pregnant She is!