Neighbours surrogacy story

faun

Mum to 2 boys and 1 girl
Reaction score
i think its great that neighbours is doing a story about surrogacy but just how old is Susan supposed to be? I mean Libby must be 28ish so Susan must be 50 and she has MS so i don't think this is the most realistic story line ever. Anyone else got any thoughts or spoilers on this storyline?

I don't watch neighbours but surely they wouldn't let her do it if she wasn't in perfect health?

I'm currently in the beginning of my surrogacy journal and I have to go to the doctors and have tests done and have a letter written to say that I am fit to go through pregnancy again. :shrug:

According to Wiki, Susans DOB is 13th March 1956 which would make her 53, but I also read they have 'reduced' her age to 50 for this storyline.

Wish we could do that in real life!

You know, I've been wondering this myself! Libby has an older brother, Malcolm and bearing in mind that Susan was meant to have trained as a teacher before she married Carl, she'd have been 23ish before she had Malcolm I would have thought.

I do think this storyline is a little unrealistic, but then again, I think its a bit weird that the Kennedys welcome any waif and stray teenager into their house, take them on as "children" and nobody bats an eyelid!!

I think its great they are using the show to highlight the surrogacy issue, but I do think Susan is the wrong person to use for it.

my mum is 49 and she has just told me if our fertility goes belly up she wants to be a surrogate for me and my husband, but i think its nice that they are doing a surrogacy storyline in neighbours

***SPOILER ALERT***

She is a little old I feel and there is a massive issue with MS in real life that seems to be a little papered over. It's good that surrogacy is being highlighted like this.

I have no spoilers for the Susan storyline except that she DOES get pregnant! Oh, and ***SPOILER ALERT*** Bridget dies!!!!

Maybe they picked that family to do the story (even if slightly unrealistic) because of how great they did the MS storyline? my mum and i were hooked during that as mum has ms and was impressed with how they delt with it, even tho some of that was slightly unrealistic...thats soaps for ya tho ;)

I'm sure I can remember Susan going through the menopause though. Is it possible to get back on it all with hormones?

i think they thought it was the menopause cos of hot flushes etc but it was start of MS ....i think it was a while ago

man... how sad am i too remember these things... lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"