Nerves

dannydustcart

Reaction score
After my scan last week, everything was fine and i was put a few days further forward I have had this horrid feeling of dread come over me.
I think its now sunk in and I remember my not so great first labour.

Trouble is im snappy because of it. I feel so worried ill have another 3 days labour with the complications that come with it again.
Trouble is, i wasnt frightened when i was going though it.

Maybe hormones are playing with me, but is anyone else already worrying about the other end of the pregnancy.

Im not normally a dramatic person. im normally an each day as it comes type person...

Yes yes definately yes....

There isn't a day that passes where I am not fretting about labour or my waters breaking or even what kinda mum I'm gonna be once bubs is here.

I've been in tears because I'm so scared of labour after watching that programme 'Dawn gets a baby'... I was pretty niave about the whole experience before and now I'm even more petrified.

My OH has banned me from looking at anything labour related lol because I cried to him for ages about how scared I am :blush:

:hugs: I keep thinking that i want a c section (planned) as i had an emergy 1 last time) and i really dont want to again

I watched that Dawn gets a baby, That snippet of youtube video she watched was horrendous!! I am trying to forget about the labour but every now and then my mind will wonder and it hits me like a ton of bricks that I am going to have to give birth again! My second baby was not as bad as my first so i'm secrectly hoping no 3 will be even better but i'm also aware that anything can happen! trouble is the more you read the more you are aware of what can go wrong and the more you worry! no matter how bad it is anyway it will all pale into insignificance when you are holding your little bubba xx

I think it's natural to be worried about labour, whether you've been through it before or not - I know I worry about it - particularly tears/episiotomy! You should be able to communicate these fears to your midwife and get together a good birth plan to help you get the best experience out of it - she should be able to discuss any concerns you have too and help you prepare for it so you're ready when the time comes :hug:

My midwife assued me the complications i had with danni arent likley to repeat.
So thats a good thing. I just want my positive attitude to come back, can believe how down right grumpy i am and i keep snapping at my daugther poor love doesnt deserve it!!

I also watched that Dawn wants a baby........and now I keep getting flash backs of it which scare me every now and again. I've spent the last hour reading through the birth stories on baby and bump.......I think thats made me slightly worse........some of the stories are fine, but others made me feel quite nervous! We've all got to do it though......and think how many people do it every day and also go on to have second or third babies.......or sixth (one of my parents at school!).
I heard though that by the end of the pregnancy you are so desperate to see your baby that you kind of lose the fear of labour and just want it to come. I guess we won't know if this is true or not until we get there. Personally I think I will be terrified! :dohh:
Its like I have already decided in my head that I don't want an epidural as I suffer with a bad back and hear that can make it worse....but then I just read in a story that someone was told they had to have an epidural to keep their blood pressure down! I thought you had a choice. There were also others that said they had one and couldn't push as they couldn't feel it!
I guess we just have to focus on the end product!
I hope everyone is ok and not too nervous!
:hugs:

Has anyone else had a book from the midwife? The NHS one??

Well the other night while in bed and couldnt sleep I thought Id venture a bit further on than things like symptoms what to worry about in yourself ect and read the bit about labour and brith plans ect OMFG!!!!! I got myself in a right flap!!! wont be going near that for a few weeks yet!!

I never read that during my first pregnancy and im glad i didnt!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->