Nervous about #2

LeahJ7712

Mommy to 2 beauties
Reaction score
Our daughter is 9 months old. She is absolutely wonderful always smiling and laugh. She has a big personality and is so smart only cries when she is in need of something. She is fearless. Did I mention that has been sleeping through the night since 8 weeks old. Everyone loves her. She is the first child, first grandchild, first great grandchild. Everyone wants to spoil her. I look at her and my heart melts. She has her Daddy wrapped around her little finger.

My concern is if she is so well behaved and easy going, what do you think the second one will be like? Friends have jokingly told me God gives you the good kid first because if he gave you the one that's a handful first you probably wouldn't have anymore. I plan on TTCing around July/Aug 2014, but I'm so nervous about what to expect from a second baby. Help!!!!

Same here. Thorrin has been a challenge and difficult at times. Very active and headstrong. But he's also sttn since 8 weeks and a overall good napper a very very good eater not picky at all. Generally is sweet and smart as a whip. So I wonder if well get another mix but of the opposite? Maybe a laid back baby who likes to snuggle but a horrible eater and sleeper?? Eek!

I guess you just never know! My LO is what a lot of people describe as a bit of a 'handful'. He walked early and since then is very mobile and into everything and will not sit still whatsoever. He's also quite loud and demanding, prone to tantrums and not great at sleeping! I'm kind of glad my first child was like this though so I'm a bit more prepared if the second one is like this too :haha:

I am sooo nervous too! Isaac is such a happy baby, he usually sleeps through the night too...but is becoming more mobile and vocal these days - already worried he's turning to the dark side!! Hahaha...worried number 2 will push him over the edge...or be a demon child themself :/

I've worried about this too! My dd was a really easy baby but I will say she is becoming a bit of handful now. She sleeps well and eats well but she is very headstrong, stubborn and appears to have a wicked temper! But seeing as we had it so easy in the beginning I wonder if we'll get it rought next time round (if it ever happens!).

My mom said my brother was so awful she's surprised she ever had another one! But then my MIL told me that both my dh and his older brother were easy babies so maybe there is hope?!

I worried about this when planning number 2 aswell. My 1st was a very easy going baby, ate well, smiled and laughed all the time. He didn't sleep well but other than that all was good. I worried we wouldn't get so lucky again. And we didn't :haha:. My DD is such a grump! She whinges and cries just for the heck of it :haha: and her sleep is even worse than her brothers :dohh:. BUT, it is nowhere near as bad as I feared it would be. And although she is a handful she is such a blessing, her brother loves her and she has enriched our lives.
Oh and my mum worried about her 2nd (me) being a difficult baby as my older brother was easy. She said she worried the whole pregnancy that I would be up all night. I slept through the night from 4 weeks and my mum said that apart from hassle trying to get me to eat they barely noticed I was there for the first year :haha:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->