Nervous about announcing LO#2 to parents/in-laws

babytimeee

Reaction score
Baby #2 is pretty much a happy accident. We are very excited but not in the prime position financially to have another. MIL&FIL have helped us financially in the past when OH became very ill and we haven't had the chance to save up. We aren't behind, but do struggle some weeks and are attempting to save up to move to a bigger place. I'm really nervous to tell my in laws because I'm thinking they will call us irresponsible. I'm also nervous about telling MY mother because she thinks it's the worst thing in the world to have a child out of wedlock, never mind two. (My parents are divorced and my Dad knows... He's over the moon for us & our daughter.) I guess I'm trying to look for ways to announce that are suitable and won't end in an argument .. our daughter is three and although I haven't explicitly told her yet she has an idea and is ridiculously excited to become a big sister.... What would you do/how would you announce? I'm 10w2d so time is wearing thin. (I'm a rail and really starting to get a bump!!)

i would say wait until your out of first tri if you can
since you really only have about three more weeks to go
and then tell everyone and just get it over with
the sooner you tell them the sooner they will get over it and come around to be supportive and excited
im going through the same thing
i cant decide to tell my parents after i get my 8 week ultrasound at my first prenatal appointment or wait until after my 12/13 week scan (if they do one i dont know)

I'd just go for it and tell them, telling them now or in three or four weeks won't change how they will react, so I would just sit them down and tell them... That's all you can really do there's no other way that you can say 'I'm pregnant' lol.

As long as your happy then forget what the others think, this is your life don't let anyone ruin your happiness xx

I agree with mummy to be. Just tell them whenever you see a good chance arise! A few weeks wont make any difference. At this point, its pretty set and that little one most likely isnt going anywhere ;) I'm in a similar situation girl. My son is only 4 months old and I'm 6 weeks pregnant. We are JUST at being stable. Some weeks we struggle too because of my sons medical bills from his tumor. We are in no way ready for a new little one, but I'm not about to just give up my baby (yes, my mom is one of those people. She will probably suggest me getting rid of it) we aren't married yet either. Though, we are going on Monday to the courthouse cuz I need insurance (so romantic, huh? :p) go for it- don't worry too much about what they think. It is your life. Parents will always be concerned and they have to get at you for things like this. I would worry about my daughter if she was in my situation. It will be ok hun!! You can do it!! :))

I agree with mummy to be. Just tell them whenever you see a good chance arise! A few weeks wont make any difference. At this point, its pretty set and that little one most likely isnt going anywhere ;) I'm in a similar situation girl. My son is only 4 months old and I'm 6 weeks pregnant. We are JUST at being stable. Some weeks we struggle too because of my sons medical bills from his tumor. We are in no way ready for a new little one, but I'm not about to just give up my baby (yes, my mom is one of those people. She will probably suggest me getting rid of it) we aren't married yet either. Though, we are going on Monday to the courthouse cuz I need insurance (so romantic, huh? :p) go for it- don't worry too much about what they think. It is your life. Parents will always be concerned and they have to get at you for things like this. I would worry about my daughter if she was in my situation. It will be ok hun!! You can do it!! :))

Thank you very VERY much for your input! It's really stressful kind of winding up for the pitch! I think that if we tell our daughter first (who is going to be ridiculously excited) they will be more excited to see HER excited. However! MY mom today said "You know when are you going to consider having a second one before the gap gets two big? You and your sister are three and a half years apart and look how you two get along" So I THINK she'll be on board!

That's great!! Definitely tell your LO first and maybe do some unique way of telling them? Like I'm probably going to roll up a sonogram photo and have my son holding it when we go to tell my parents. So they open it up and it'll be pretty obvious by then :p maybe have your baby girl bring them a sonogram photo or have her with you when you tell them so they can see how excited she is? It's totally stressful- but don't worry too much. Once you have told them, everything will be a okay :)

it will be a big relief to tell them, otherwise you'll prob be worrying what theyre reaction will be. If it makes you feel any better strangely my mother reacted well to my unplanned pregnancy and not so well to this planned one :wacko: good luck but the main thing is that you and your partner are happy about it, your both adults, congratulations, it's a blessing!

I was worried about telling our inlaws too since they have helped us a lot financially, and we have a 9 month old. I mean I was worried SICK about telling them! So my OH really wanted to do it and I told him to go ahead (over the phone since we live across the country), and it was nice to have him get the brunt of the reaction which was "WHAT? are you crazy?" and when I talked to my MIL she said the same thing, but I just explained our side and stood firm, and all she could do was happily agree. Even if they don't at first approve per say, in the end they will all be overjoyed with a new grandchild :) Try not to sweat it too much hun!

I was worried about telling our inlaws too since they have helped us a lot financially

OH man. It's the worst feeling in the world.. I just want people to be excited about this FOR me because I'm so anxious and I feel like I need to ride out other peoples excitement until mine kicks in if that makes any sense? I'm just soo worried about how I am going to pull off TWO kids because it doesn't feel like there's enough time in a day as is! AND my almost three year old STILL doesn't sleep through the night 0_0

You will do it! I always think of women who have crazier lives than me (my one friend has 3 under 3, another has 4 under 5 and is in law school) and think if they can get through the day alive I will be able to as well, and so will you! :)

You will do it! I always think of women who have crazier lives than me (my one friend has 3 under 3, another has 4 under 5 and is in law school) and think if they can get through the day alive I will be able to as well, and so will you! :)

Oh I am definitely feeling "not Mom enough." Thank you for the encouraging words<3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->