Nervous about BF

RyleighsMommy

Mother of 1 and expecting
Reaction score
As soon as I found out I was pregnant I had no doubt I wanted to BF. However, as my due date has come closer I find myself really stressing about it, so much to the point I dream about it almost every night lol I dont know if its because this is my first child and I am afraid of what it will be like or that I wont know what to do...how it will feel...ugh Im just tired of thinking about it lol Was anyone else nervous about it?

Have you been to any bfing classes? You would also find it helpful to find your nearest Lactation Consultant and have a chat with her, be sure to keep her number handy for one your LO comes.

More than anything, read up on it, it's not easy (I know!) but it is rewarding and definately worth it.

No, I havent been to any BF classes as Im getting ready to move in 3wks but as soon as I get moved Ill definitally do that. Thanks. :)

No worries, i'm always happy to help if you need anything. My mum is a Lactation consultant too, although she hasn't practiced in 10yrs or so, i'm always happy to ask her stuff if you like.

I read up on it alot before LO arrived and have never had any problems. I was a little nervous but once Emy arrived and I had feed her for the first time all the nerves went and i now love every second of it :cloud9:

Definately read everything you can and know who to call in case of troubles :D

I didn't read anything - and I really regret it. I think my saving grace was that I had a c-section so I was in the hospital for a few days and had the help of nurses when I ran into problem. we're only 8 days in and doing great - so read up, and I'm sure you'll be prepared!

Definatly find a breast feeding consultant they will talk you though it before LO is born and if you are having difficulty after they will come round to check attachment, give moral support etc(armed with a knitted boob!!):rofl::rofl::rofl:

I was terrified of BFing. I read so many stories of how women have such a hard time and how much it hurts that I was freaking out. And then when it didn't hurt at all and he just latched on straight away I was asking the nurse when it was supposed to start hurting. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->