Nervous about TTC#2 with 6+ year age gap!

pamg

Reaction score
I've been thinking on and off now about TTC for nearly a year now. We held off until after April this year as we were going on holiday to America & didn't want to be pregnant then.
When I had my daughter 6 years ago I had a really long labour ending with a csection. I found it really hard to deal with & really scared me about having another. When she was 2 my husband got made redundant from his job so with no job security wasn't the right time to think about another anyway & only last year he found permanent work & I also starting to feel really broody for the first time since having my daughter, so I was so excited about trying this year but now I'm back to just feeling scared again of giving birth etc & I worry about the age gap. My mums really put me off too about the age gap.
We did have a bit of a slip up the end of May the day before I was due to ovulate & when my period arrived two days late I was disappointed I wasn't pregnant & when I find out friends are pregnant I feel a bit jealous like I wish I was if I wasn't so scared to try.

Agh sorry for the essay it's just driving me mad at the moment it's all I can think about. Wondering if anyone else had the same dilemma?

I'm sorry for all the ups and downs you've been through. But I look at it this way you will have plenty of help with the lil one :)

My DD will be 7 or 8 years older and we all still want to have a lil one. I wanted her a playmate so bad but she is just as happy getting to be the 'Boss'...lol

I hope it happens soon for you and that your fears are washed away.

I think that will be quite a nice age gap! My little boy will be 9 when OH and I start trying so we're going to have at least a ten year age gap!! Scary thought haha xx

Like previous person posted i think 6 year gap is an ok gap, i would of loved a 5 year age gap originally but i ended up with a 9 year gap between DD1 and DD2 and really think it was too big of a gap for our eldest.
Also i know of your worries of the birth of your 1st putting you off wanting another as this is the reason why there is such a big gap between my first 2, i had a traumatic birth and also ended up having puerpal psychosis.
I wish you luck with what ever you decide for your family but just remember that no 2 births are the same :)

We're in a similar situation and I have the same worries as you. We've put off having a second due to saving for a mortgage etc and then I decided to go back to studying so put it off for another few years. We're now looking at minimum 7 years age gap (I would have preferred about 4).

I'm trying to focus on the positives of having an older one...
-she can 'help' with the baby and therefore 'hopefully' not feel pushed out but more included.
-I will get one to one time with no 2 as I did with no 1 considering she's at school.
-We will only have 1 in nappies/ on bottles (or breastfeeding) and only 1 getting up through the night.
Hopefully that gives you some reassurance, you're not the only one :winkwink:

I have a 7.5 yr age gap between my 2 girls, not by choice. Let me tell you I could not be happier. Yes, I would've loved them to be closer in age but they still have a great bond. My lo looks up to her big sister and my oldest is very protective and motherly towards her. When I need to cook or complete a quick task, my dd1 is very helpful with keeping an eye on her. When dd1 goes to school, I can bond with the baby. When baby naps, I have bonding time with my oldest. Watching them interact is heart warming. Don't listen to what others have to say, it's your family not theirs. A large age gap has been really great for our family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"