• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Nervous about water breaking

starah

Reaction score
I was sittin here earlier and thought of all the bad places my water break. Firstly if they broke while I was sitting on my new couches I just bought, in bed (I know you can put the plastic liner or whatever over it), on someone elses furniture or in someones car, ahhh! Anybody else get paranoid about this?

i was so scared they would
break in public or round
someones house lol

turns out they broke in
the middle of the night
and because they broke from
the top there was hardly
any water so the bed didn't
even get wet LOL

worried over nothing!!

xx​

i sometimes worry abt that...but then u could always wear a pad in the duild up to due date or something. also apparently if they break in b&q they give u a voucher! lol

Mine went in the night so it (up to now) has been fine.
A friend of mine's broke in the shops and the shop gave her £50 in vouchers so there is sometimes an upside:happydance:

B&Q i herd £250 to spend and a lady working for the council mentioned John Lewis do something if your waters break there

Most likely you will be at home, just percentage wise ya know? And once you feel it it isn't like you're just gonna keep sitting on your bed or couch ya know? Mine went while I was on my bed but I sure got up quick haha

I never really thought about it! I hope I'm at home!!! Does it happen like in the movies? Does it just gush out everywhere?

I read somewhere that you're more likely to notice your waters when lying down cause when you're standing up the baby's head "plugs the hole" so to speak.

I think it only happens to about 10-20% of women on it's own, the others need to have it broken. So i wouldn't worry too much about it...and as the others said it's not always a big gush. Although saying that my sisters was a bit dramatic with her first, she was at a friends, felt a trickle, ran to the bathroom and said it was all over the place!! lol. The 2nd had to be broken....

Im the same as you... its the not knowing when it will happen that freaks me.

I have this nightmare that it may happen in my supermarket, as I have one real close by and am there nearly every day buying food.... I just hope it doesnt happen there, hahaha.

x

Im not pregnant now but when i was i did worry about this too! But my waters never actually broke in the end, i had contractions first and waters had to be broken for me when i got to hospital! And i heard alot of womans waters dont actually break by them selfs and also not everyones just gushes everywhere, sometimes its just a small little leak and you would feel it and get up if you were in bed or on your nice sofa! I wouldnt worry to much!

Most women's waters don't break until they are already having contractions. Mine didn't break until I was well into pushing (didn't want ARM)

i worried about that my first time - but with my first, my waters didnt break at all so they had to break them for me - and the second time, they must have broke whilst i was laying in the bath, and i never realised! so im not really panicking about it this time - but i think id die of embarressment if they broke whilst i was out, like on the bus or something! OMG.

Mine have never gone like that, ive always had contractions for hours first, If that is the first sign of labour for you then its unlikely they will go with the big gush you are imagining! having said that I was walking through town today and i couldnt help thinking what if :lol: xxx

All my carpets are cream and my mattress is only a year old and cost us a small fortune as it is a superkingsize. I am hoping when my waters go I am outside, in the bathroom or the kitchen as the floor there is tiled. A friend of mine very kindly pointed out there was meconium in her waters and she had to get her mum to clean her carpet! Big worry of mine.

Cx

This was one of my biggest worrys! I had the covering on my bed but no where else. I really shouldn't have worried as i had mine broke for me. I did have a huge amount of fluid though. Good luck but i'm sure it will be fine xxxxx

My water broke in the middle of the night for my first.. I got up to go to the bathroom and mine was actually a huge gush... And even after that, it never trickled. Everytime I moved, more came out. Even by the time we got to the hospital and I stood up to get out of the car, more came out. My pants were soaked by the time I was checking in.. (and I had changed them 2 times before leaving the house) It does take us about 40 minutes to get to the hospital though.. My waters didn't break for my 2nd and I'm actually praying that they do break for this one..

I was scared of this too, so much that i refused to leave the house once i was overdue apart from to see the midwife! Turns out mine didnt break until i was about to push so there was no need!

I am currently 38 weeks pregnant and I have to say I have been worrying about my water breaking. On Sunday I took my other two children to the zoo and was so scared that it would break while I was there walking around, which is odd to me because with my other two children my water did not break until the dr. did it at the hospital

I was just talking to a friend of mine today about this. Im so scared of my water breaking out in public and people just looking at me like I just peed myself. haha
And then I would probably have to be transported by ambulance or something....if im with a friend or by myself.....the part im really worried about is going into labor while im home during the day by myself, cuz OH works during the week til 1pm.....and I cant always get ahold of him when I need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"