Nervous about weight loss

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Jeval323, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Jeval323

Jeval323 Well-Known Member

So, I'm overweight as it is.. But since I got pregnant, I've lost 13 lbs. I haven't thrown up once since I got pregnant, and have been eating normally. Not over eating at all, my appetite is actually much suppressed since I got pregnant, but at the least id thought id maintain my weight and not keep losing.. Doctor doesn't seem to be concerned, but I just can't help but be. Belly is growing too! I just don't get it. I kind of want to stop losing weight (first time in my life I've said that, lol)

Anyone experience similar? When can I expect to gain? OB says your metabolism speeds up when you get pregnant, that a fact?

2. JessPape

JessPape Myself, Husband, DD

Some women lose weight, some gain. Baby will take what the baby needs, as long as your eating a good diet don't worry.

If your doctor isn't worried, than I wouldn't worry either. A lot of people actually tend to loose during the 1st and some of the second tri, than they pack on during the 3rd tri.

3. Kyten1978

Kyten1978 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, I am the same way. I have lost 12 lbs so far with this pregnancy. With my son, by the time he was born I had lost 80 lbs. That is extreme I know. I didn't try to lose weight, my body just gets it's act in gear while pregnant I guess. My doctors haven't been worried and when my son was born he was a healthy 7lb8oz baby. Just eat healthy and take care of yourself and you will be fine I am sure.

4. xjesx

xjesx Well-Known Member

I cant comment on whether your medical provided stated a fact in that our metabolisms quicken but I would think your OB would be the professional and know best. If they aren't concerned I woudlnt be.

I lost 8lbs in first trimester without being sick.

You will start gaining weight definitely once baby starts gaining weight. I mean you could prior to that depending on activity level and food intake, but most definitely as baby grows and gains you will.