Nervous and impatient.....

MaisyMay

Oakley's Mummy & 1baking!
Reaction score
I posted a thread a little while ago saying that I was considering taking clomid without having my period. I've found a lot of women on dr google who've done this without a problem. Long story short I stopped bfeeding my ds about a week ago. Since then I've had days where I've been dry and days with ewcm. No pattern really :shrug: I'm getting really frustrated. My cycles were really long and irregular before I conceived ds and my body is obviously doing the same again. I know if I left it a couple of months I may start ovulating on my own again, but I'm impatient. I really think I'm going to leave it a few more days and take clomid. I've been doing an opk every day just incase I ovulate and don't realise.
What do you think? Is it ok to do this. I won't ttc the first cycle on clomid because I'm worried about the fact my lining hasn't shed since I gave birth. so that would be a kind of dummy round.
Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

Oh and I've tried things like soy iso and agnus castus before, didn't do diddly squat :nope:

I have taken clomid before with a period, my dr let me. I know what it's like to be impatient. I just stopped nursing my daughter last week, and want to start trying as well! GL mama :)

i took dong quai to bring on my period as my dr wouldnt prescribe anything. on the morning of day 4 taking it, i had AF for the first time in 19 months lol. it was a really heavy af, but thats understandable considering how long I'd gone without having one :)

i dont know anything about taking clomid lol but thought I'd give my input on the shedding of the lining! lol

Thank you both. I think I'm gonna do it. I've read so many stories of women who have and it's not been a problem. Like I said I won't ttc the first cycle, but man if it does make me ovulate it's gonna be one mother of an AF!! GL with ttc again mommaof3girls :)

When I did it, I hadnt had a period for like 4 months and it was obvious I wasnt ovulating, my dr told me to start them and Just count the first day I took them as cd5 and go from there :)
Thank you! I am hoping I have good luck, it took me a loonng time to conceive last time around. I am currently on day 34 of this cycle, confused because my last cycle was only 29 days long, gr.
Well good luck with the clomid! Let us know how it goes!

I took the first pill last night. Just couldn't wait anymore :haha: Haven't had any side effects yet. Don't know if that means it's not working. It's a downer that we're not going to ttc this cycle, but I just think if I got pregnant it would be dangerous if I haven't had af since having ds??

I wouldn't think it would be dangerous, I mean if your lining or something wasn't right, it just wouldn't happen. I don't think it would hurt to go ahead and dtd, just in case. :) I mean my dr let me take it and try without having a period! I had the mirena and got it out, knowing that I have problems conceiving and had to take clomid to get pregnant with my daughter, my dr just let me take it before i even had a period! :)

My first ovulation post partum was at 6.5 months and turned out to be a chemical :/
As for taking clomid whenever I'd ask my doc for a progesterone test first to make sure u haven't oved because if you have and take clomid you'll be in all sorts of trouble! Opks never pick up ov for me so that wasn't an option :/

Well as of yesterday morning I started getting hot flushes. So it seems to be doing something. I take my last pill tomorrow. Really hope it makes me ovulate on time. It did when I took it last time and we conceived ds. We were ttc for three months with ds and my cycles were averaging 40 days, I did have one 50 day one though. So I got fed up of long cycles, I'd already tried soy iso and that only bought my cycle down to 37 days. I felt pretty sure it was cos I was ovulating late that it wasn't happening, so I asked the dr for clomid and he prescribed it no problem (dh did have to do a sperm analysis) then we made our little Oakley :cloud9: I know three months isn't a long time to try before going to the drs, but my long cycles were doing my head in!! Hoping it'll work this time, I think we'll just dtd when we usually would this cycle and see what happens. If not, we'll try properly next cycle.

My first ovulation post partum was at 6.5 months and turned out to be a chemical :/
As for taking clomid whenever I'd ask my doc for a progesterone test first to make sure u haven't oved because if you have and take clomid you'll be in all sorts of trouble! Opks never pick up ov for me so that wasn't an option :/

I'm certain I haven't ovulated, opks always pick up a very strong and dark line when I have my surge and I have other obvious signs too. Bit late now anyway cos I've already started taking it :haha: Just out of interest, what would actually happen if you took clomid post ovulation?

:flower::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->