Nervous and Worried, or Excited?

TiaK0504

Due June 28th
Reaction score
Hey all... I just found out I am pregnant 2 days ago and today marks 4 weeks. I am so excited :happydance:.... also very nervous. My DH keeps telling me that I shouldn't be excited at all yet, until I hit at least 8 weeks. He is being extremely tentative and all I want to do is celebrate! It's starting to cause arguments and make me feel alone in the excitement of getting that BFP(obviously we aren't telling any family or friends until we can have our first ultrasound) Idk, is he right? Should I do my best to just not think about it for a month? I know he just doesn't want me to get my hopes up too much, but after ttc for so long how can I help but feel anything but excited?!

You're not wrong for being excited! You need to believe everything will be fine or you'll just stress yoursf out, which isn't good. Tell your dh that this is your child too and if you want to be excited you can be excited damnit! Lol. Congratulations!

You roll in that joy, lady - you've earned it.

As someone who has a healthy 3.5 year old and one angel, I know both sides of the coin. I would say that being excited and happy about it would make it no harder regardless of what happens in the future......

The odds are everything will be awesome and you'd have just wasted a month pretending not to be excited !!

XX

Defiantly be excited!
You know what could happen, but why should that take the shine off for you?!?! Be excited and enjoy your pregnancy. :happydance:
I'm sure your hubby is just wanting to be causious, and I get that, I was very causious before our 12week scan. BUT you do have to be positive too! Explain to him that positivity has to balence the causiosness to put your little bean in the best place possible!

It's so much a personal choice!

We told everyone at 6 weeks, even with a threatened miscarriage. It felt sooooo much better to have support from everywhere. We'll probably reveal early again. Having that support was amazing, and I wouldn't change it. I didn't have to hide anything, and other women came out and gave their advice. (he made it to every appointment though)

I went through bleeding/clots/no movement/etc... still have a healthy baby.

Enjoy your pregnancy, and do what works best for you and your baby. Happy and healthy 9 months :)

If you can be excited you should just be excited. In the last 1 and a half weeks I have had a lot of scares and I'm finding it hard to be excited at all I'm just scared all the time. It's not helping me and it's not helping the babies so I say if you can be excited go ahead. Bad things can happen either way! No one is safe whether you are cautious or excited. I've been going through a threatened miscarriage and every appointment is torture. I never know if they will make it through. I told quite a few people though and I'm so happy for the support. It really helps.

he just seems cautious more than anything. my boyfriend was the same way. at first he didnt want anyone to know i was pregnant for a while, and i think it was my fault at first for telling him "i think i want to wait until im 2 months" well ill be 3 months in just a few days and we ended up telling everyone i was pregnant.. EVERYONE. like a big announcement at work and with family and friends at just 5 weeks haha. he couldnt contain himself he got overly excited when the doctor told me im doing well. he cried of happiness. everyone is overly joyed for us and sometimes , ithink they're more excited than we are.

Be excited! We told everyone very early with my last pregnancy and have started telling some people about this one too (I'm 4 and a half weeks). I just figure if something is going to happen it will anyway and I personally would rather people knew.

You be as excited as you can be! No offense but your DH just sounds pessimistic. No reason to let that get you down!

Congratulations by the way!! :wohoo: :wohoo:
I wish you a very H&H 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"