Nervous for ultrasound

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by jocelynmarie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. jocelynmarie

jocelynmarie Well-Known Member

My first and only ultrasound was at 8 weeks, I didn't get one and 12 weeks, and I've got my 20 week coming up on wednesday (at 19 weeks)!

Was anyone nervous going into it? I've opted not to have any tests done for DS and spinabifida, but I know they check for markers at the U/S so now I'm starting to get nervous.

I have no reason not to believe baby is healthy and happy and growing away, but it just hit me all of a sudden that its not always the case and now I'm a nervous wreck!! I've been looking forward to finding out the sex for so long that it never even occured to me that I'd be nervous too!!

Anyone else feel this way before their U/S?

2. ProudMommy26

ProudMommy26 Happy Mommy of 3

Yep I was so nervous I made myself sick the day before. Everything was ok though. Hopefully everything will be ok with your little cutie. All the best hun xxx

3. moomin_troll

moomin_troll mummy to zane and corey

i didnt test for downs with either of mine.

its ashame u didnt get ur 12 week scan :(
    with zane i can remember being nervous but excited and this time around just excited lol
    hope ur scan goes well x

4. Moti

Moti Angel Mommy

Of course - I think it's normal to be nervous. I have one next week and I'm sure I won't be sleeping the night before.........

Wishing you the best....:hugs:

5. Lilli

Lilli Well-Known Member

Yeah, i was really nervous before my 20 weeks scan (19+6). I was so concentrating on looking at the baby and looking at the organs that i totally forgot to look for boy/girl bits!!! I was totally over whelmed and shed a tear or two.
    Good luck for your scan, it's so amazing to see them bobbing around! Will look so so different than your first scan! :thumbup:
    :hugs:

6. glenoakgirl

glenoakgirl Well-Known Member

thank u for this thread, I feel exactly the same. I have no reason to think otherwise but I am nervous as all get out. My gender scan is Friday morning, last scan will be 17 days previous. All was great on that scan and little one was doing fantastic. I opted for no testing also but I am not scared anythign is wrong more so ittle one is still growing the way they are supposed to be. I think it is normal, and I guess we won't stop worrying until the little ones are here.

7. jocelynmarie

jocelynmarie Well-Known Member

And then we trade in pregnancy worries for parenting worries!!! lol

I'm glad that there are others out there that feel this way too... was wondering if I was being paranoid to the extreme!!

8. chrischris83

chrischris83 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat as you. My last scan was at 8 weeks. I have my gender scan tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

9. glenoakgirl

glenoakgirl Well-Known Member

u are so right Jocelynmarie! It will never end! :)

10. Braven05

Braven05 Mommy to Avery <3

Its normal! Try to focus on the excitement instead of the nervousness! I'm sure everything will be fine! Good luck!!

11. Waitin4astork

Waitin4astork Mummy to our prince :)

It's totally normal to feel nervous before the scan- I didn't sleep the night before mine!! But once you get there and see your bubba on screen, the excitment will overtake everything. I'm sure everthing will be fine :)

Good luck!

12. bnt2010

bnt2010 Well-Known Member

I have my 20 wk ultrasound tomorrow and I am VERY nervous! I always get nervous at doctor's appointments anyway lol. But I'm excited to find out what we're having, and I know once I actually get to the doctor's office I'll feel much better.

13. chrischris83

chrischris83 Well-Known Member

Hi jocelynmaire,

I just got back from my scan. Im :pink: everything was fine. Baby looked good:happydance:. I was nervous just like you. All that will go away when you see your LO.