nervous..help! :-S

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by jazmine18, Dec 21, 2009.

1. jazmine18

jazmine18 Well-Known Member

ok, so i said about this boy im meeting who i met online. im meeting him today at 5.30pm...and im already sooo nervous, have been out of the dating scene for too long, i feel really sick lol..we both agreed where to meet and decided what to do from there really, as not sure and the snow had been slowing down transport ect..i told my mum and she is looking after sophia for me.. but how do i settle my nerves abit, get a bit of confidence, before i turn to the bottle lol..its times like these i wonder why i put myself through this lol...breathe in..breathe out:wacko:

2. dizzyisacow

dizzyisacow wife,mother & myself

in situations like this i have some shots of alcohol and some cigs lol!
    i know exactly how you feel as thats how i met DH. go to the meeting area a bit earlier than him as that helped calm me going to the area first and taking everything in and relaxing before he shows up. im sure he feels the same, try not to be too nervous! this is fun! and he will love you :D

3. jazmine18

aww thankyou...im just trying to get into the attitude of 'if he likes me he likes me, if he dont then its no great loss'..i will never know if i never go.just thinking ahead ..whatever happens, good or bad by the time i go to bed tonight it will be over.. :) lol

4. dizzyisacow

exactly hun! its just fun the preparing and meeting him! if hes not right then big deal!!

5. impatient1

impatient1 Mommy to 1 Angel & 2 DD

Good luck and most of all try to have some fun.

6. Justme

Justme Well-Known Member

You will be fine hun.At the very least you will have met a new friend.You should crack open a bottle of wine and just have a glass later on before you go out to settle your nerves lol.Hope you have a good time,let us all know how you get on :hugs:

7. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

Good luck! xxx

8. jazmine18

thankyou all!...i just wish it would stop snowing now!..it soo heavy..on top of the 3 inches of snow we already have..

9. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

Good luck - damn snow, hope it doesnt ruin your evening x

10. Squidge

Squidge Mummy & WTT <3

Good luck! Let us know how you get on :p

11. jazmine18

ok..well im finally back..and considering the weather and how bad it messed things up, i think it went ok..got a bus which stopped at the top of a big hill so had to walk 15 mins in little dolly shoes in 3/4 inches of snow, then it started heavily raining/sleet..so my make-up and hair were a mess,so i definately wasnt at my best lol, finally met him, but then we were stuck where we were cause no buses were running and traffic was gridlocked. but we seemed to get on pretty well, we,ve definately got the same sarcastic humour, and we had a kiss. and he phoned me when we left a couple times to check where i was ect..had to get a bus to my dads in the end, cause my bus couldnt get up the hill with all the snow, and then had to wait 3 hours at his house for a cab, but im hopeful, i mean he asked me twice, before we left and on a phone call, when i would be coming to see him next..but yeah i feel good, havnt had this feeling for a long time, and im excited about the future :).. xx

oh and he gave me his jacket, cause i was freezing and my coat got wet :) sophias dad never did stuff liike that for me.

12. Justme

Justme Well-Known Member

:hugs: so pleased for you.Even though the weather and stuff was against you it sounds like you got on well and it went really good.Youve got over that initial meeting now so alot of pressure has gone now maybe?He sounds like a good guy-checking you got home ok,giving you his jacket etc.I reckon you will be able to look back on today in the future and laugh with him about the weather and stuff.Good for you chick x

13. mandaa1220

mandaa1220 Well-Known Member

he gave you his jacket? he's a keeper :rofl: i don't think my OH would give up his jacket for me!

14. kristy87

kristy87 Well-Known Member

aww hun sounds like you had a great time. im back on dating scene again after 7 years and im only 22 eek, and also have this worry that i just dont know what to do!!! glad it went well, he sounds nice xxx

15. dizzyisacow

aww how romantic! :D

16. Squidge

Squidge Mummy & WTT <3

Aww sounds like you enjoyed it! Hope things go well for you :hugs:

17. jazmine18

thankyou everyone..and yes now i,ve met him most of the pressure has gone, especially seeing as i met him in the freezing cold looking like a drowned rat, it should just be easier from here lol...but everything is different about him to others i met, he paid full attention to me instead of eyeing up other women walking past, which im also not used to. he seems really sweet, im still going to take it slowly, just because i have been hurt alot before and know how decieveing some men can be..but i hope something good comes out of it :)

18. dizzyisacow

just saw your message time. were you with him from 5:30-1am??!! :D :D

19. xJG30

xJG30 Tom & Mummy <3

Glad it went well :D

20. jazmine18

thanks and noo lol..met him at 5.30..left about 10pm..but had to walk up to my stepdads, and wait a few hours for a cab because the snow was soo bad and the buses had stopped running..and the cabs were busy..so yeah was with him about 4.5 hours. :) it went soo quick though :( lol