Nervous, overwhelmed, apprehensive, tense, hesitant, concerned, uneasy... **update**

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by aliyah_112, Apr 5, 2011.

1. aliyah_112

aliyah_112 Guest

I wrote this about a week ago.. but forgot to post! :dohh:

I don't know if i belong here, but here goes!

Background information..
    After trying for a baby for a year I hadn't concieved so we decided to go and see our doctor, who then sent us for routine tests (sperm count ect..) then after waiting for the results and having more and more tests and altrasounds we were told that their was a less than 5% chance of us concieving! We were absolutley devestated, as you would be, so then we went done all the other routes including IVF, IUI ect and still nothing. So then on my 30th birthday we decided to, instead of effectively wasting our time on something that most likely wasn't going to happen, to adopt! So then after going through all of the paper work and routine visits ect we adopted Saskia from her mother the day she was born.. And now she is 4, and is an amazing chatty, outgoing caring child!

Anyway back to why i'm here..
    I've just got BFP! It's so unreal, I don't know what to think! I realised I couldn't remember if i last had my period, although I am irregular it normally appears within 9 days to the previous iykwim? So I took a test we got when we were first trying and blah-de-blah a light blue line appeared.. I didn't believe it so rushed to our local Co-Op and brought another 6.. and 4 out of the 6 were extremely bright and bold the other 2 not so..

I literally cannot believe it, after all those years of trying i never once got a BFP! As you expect i'm insanely happy, but at the same time REALLY worried.. i can't bring myself to be too happy incase the worse happens!

Anyway I've booked an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow first thing.. bit hesitant but this could really be our miracle baby! :wacko:

**Update**
    Just got back on my laptop and realised I'd shut the 'lid' without posting! :dohh: Don't get to come online too often, :nope:

I went to the doctor, and he sent me to get a ultrascan immediately as I was classed as high risk because of previous medical problems ect, which I generally expected he would.. So me and my OH obviosuly went and we are pregnant!! measuring about 18 weeks! I am literally in shock!! I cannot believe this is happening to me! After all those years our miracle baby is in the making.. It's so surreal! Ah, thats all really don't know what else to say! Baby is said to be healthy and has the right measurements for babys estimated gestation! Shocked is the word! :haha:

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

2. elsmogro

elsmogro Well-Known Member

CONGRATS!! i am so happy for you :) xx

3. yasmin13

yasmin13 Well-Known Member

Aww congrats hun. Hope you have a happy and healthy journey ahead of you :) :hugs:

4. lilwelsh1

lilwelsh1 3 happy kids+2 angels

that is the most amazing story i have heard in a long time!! Congratulations hun i cant imagine how over the moon u must be! :-D to find out at 18weeks must have been a huge surprise too. Thats really put a smile on my face. All the best to u n your lil family enjoy pregnancy and welcome to 2nd trimester xxx

5. pickles74

pickles74 Well-Known Member

Absolutely fantastic news congratulations :flower: Youve also got thru the most anxious part of a pregnancy without the worry so sit back and get pampered

6. Freya

Freya Toddler and baby

It was so lively to read such a positive and miracle filled post!! Saskia must be so excited, if you've told her yet. 18 weeks along too!!

Wishing you a happy and healthy remaining weeks of pregnancy!! So wonderful to hear good news.

Xxx

7. Vixie

Vixie Well-Known Member

Fantastic news! What an amazing story! You've got through 18 weeks without worrying so stay calm and enjoy the pregnancy, i bet Saskia is excited to have a little brother or sister too! All the best. :) x

8. BabyNo1.

BabyNo1. Well-Known Member

Brilliant news! you must be over the moon, welcome to second trimester! x

9. babydreams06

babydreams06 Well-Known Member

congratulations!! welcome to 2nd trimester!

10. aliyah_112

aliyah_112 Guest

Saskia is so excited, the baby is all she ever talks about! It's adorable, still dont think she believes their is a baby growing inside mummys tummy though!! x

11. deafgal01

deafgal01 LTTTC #1

:thumbup: congrats! Inspiring story!

12. nikad

nikad Well-Known Member

What a wonderful miracle! We have been trying for a bit over 5 years, and were about to get tested, and it just happened :) I still cannot believe it ;) Congratulations to you!!!

13. Ew68j5

Ew68j5 Well-Known Member

What a lovely story - congratulations and welcome to second trimester! I hope you are feeling well, so exciting to be almost half way there already. I'm at the same stage and I feel like I've been pregnant and worrying forever! Are you feeling any movement yet? Look after yourself and your soon to expand bump, yay!

14. AndreaBat

AndreaBat Well-Known Member

... :flower::flower::flower: C O N G R A T S :flower::flower::flower:

This has to be the most amazing story I have read in a long time. So happy for u and ur o/h and also that u are over the first 12 weeks without a worry :baby::baby: .. welcome to 2nd trimester. Here's to a healthy happy pregnancy.

Saskia is such a Beautiful name and she is just gorgeous :flower:

15. aliyah_112

aliyah_112 Guest

thank you so much for all your replies everyone, it means alot! xx

16. heather91

heather91 Preggers with 2nd

OMG how amazing! Congrats Hun! :hugs: :flower: x

17. Barbles

Barbles Mum to 1 & cooking 1 more

What an absolutely wonderful story! Congratulations.

I have a friends who have been trying for years, been down the tests and IVF routes with no joy though there is no real problem they are just not compatible. They have just adopted a lovely little boy and Ive just got a feeling they will also fall pregnant naturally now. I dont know why, Ive just got a feeling.

Welcome to Second Tri :hugs:

18. sophie22

sophie22 Well-Known Member

congratulations!!! what a fantastic suprise!!! not quite on topic, but im curious, how has adoption been for you? i was thinking about this recently, because ive had a really bad pregnancy so far and am thinking to the future, i want more than one child, but not sure i can do this again!! x

19. SAglas

SAglas Well-Known Member

That is a lovely story, congratulations xx

20. Annie18

Annie18 Pregnant with twins

what a lovely story, so happy for you xx