Nervous. Too many thoughts are going through my mind

laurencristi

Reaction score
So I'm 16 (17 in june) and there's this chance I may be pregnant.
I'm on birth control and take it regularly and have never missed a pill. I had what I thought was my period about two weeks ago (but I can never be sure on my pill because it is so light and doesn't last very long).

Though for the past two days I've been nauseous periodically throughout the day. My back has been aching, but that may just be from sleeping bad or just my terrible posture.

So I'm sitting here with a few people telling me that I should go test for pregnancy. My partner (I dont really want to call him boyfriend, as we are not dating) kind of knows, I brought up the possibility and he basically thought about it and then dropped the whole subject. Though I know he would be there for me if I were to actually be pregnant.

So I'm wondering if I should test. If so, when?

But all I know, is I'm so over this being nauseous thing.

so i susspect u had unprotected sex?
its possible i know lots of people who got pregnant on the pill,
test 2-3 weeks after you had sex, or after period is due,

im nearly 7weeks and havent been sick once yet

I think you should test just to be sure,
before the very light period when was the one before that?

Well they are all really light. So the one before was 3 weeks prior. (I only know this because of the pill pack sadly lol)

And yes, I've had unprotected sex, the only "protection" is my pill which has been pretty effective for about 2 years now. I'm trying to get some money for a test since I won't see my friend who is willing to buy me one until after break (about 2 weeks, and I'm not quite sure if I can wait that long...)

theres no harm in testing now. and if it comes back negative maybe test again in a few weeks just to be sure? especially if you continue to have symptoms.
let us know :hugs:
oh plus if you are .... the nausea thing is only just beginning ;) haha sorry.
xx

if you can't get a test right now i suggest going to info, planned parent hood or the doctors & ask for a pregnancy test they will happily do one for you

& one of my close friends was on the pill for 3 years never missed one & got pregnant a few months ago so is really possible

I'm trying to get some money for a test since I won't see my friend who is willing to buy me one until after break (about 2 weeks, and I'm not quite sure if I can wait that long...)

are you in the UK? if so you can get tested anytime for free at an NHS drop in centre or doctors :hugs: xx

Yeah I figured that if I am, this is only the start of the problems.

But I believe I get to help my friend's mom at the store this weekend, so that should be 20 dollars right there. Then I just need to find somewhere to buy it where the people who work there don't know my mother by name, which happens to be at least 3 different stores.

I hope and pray that I'm not, but if I am then so be it. I will raise the baby the best I can. I'm almost done with high school right now as it is and was planning for online classes next year. Lets just see how it goes. I will keep you guys updated for sure.

EDIT:

I'm in the states. FL to be exact. Just so there isn't too much confusion.

I'm from the states as well.. You don't even have to go through planned parenthood because they can be kinda nosy! :haha:

My mom found a church-funded pregnancy crisis clinic thingy..
Basically I walked in filled out a short forum (Nothing to personal although because it was church-funded they did ask my religion but only because if I was like christian they would talk to me about god and what not)
There was a little check list of what I wanted/needed to do.. (Ultrasound/Pregnancy test/ect)
They did the test and it came back positive (Which I already KNEW I was pregnant at that point I was 14 weeks along!)
They did an ultrasound to see how far along I was and it was all free since it was church funded..
Even the ultrasound didn't cost a dime! :happydance:

They were really nice and understand and didn't judge me for the situation I was in.. They even had parenting classes you could go to and earn "tickets" which you could trade for baby stuff such as diapers ect.
I don't know if there would be something like that exactly in your area but I'm sure you could find a place! Or there's always planned parenthood.. But they we're to nosy for my situation so I decided not to go there..

That sounds really cool. Though if my mom were to know right now I think she'd flip out. And I'd rather not have her freak and then me not be pregnant.

I'm almost excited to find out, and I know I probably will be slightly dissappointed, yet very content if it is negative. And if it happens to be positive, then I will be content as well and move on with what I need to do to have a healthy little baby.

I went to planned parenthood and they are very nosy and judgemental so I would avoid going there if you can. Idk if your school does but at my school the nurse has pregnancy tests and if they don't I'm sure they could probably give you suggestions on where to get one for free.

My parents already knew at the time I went to the clinic.. They had to inform social services because of my age so they wouldn't keep it confidential from your parents..
I'm sure there's some kind of place around there somewhere you can find that will do one without informing your parents.. You're also older then me so that might make a difference.
I think your taking the whole thing very maturely and it's good to see you are prepared to take action if you are indeed pregnant..

And yeah.. I heard bad things about planned parenthood I don't recommend going there..
Look around your area I'm sure there's some sorta place you could find

Didn't wanna read and run hun,
But i just wanted to say your being really mature about it,
And good luck, i hope you get the result you want, So let us know once you get a test, i live in the UK but on other threads there was a girl getting a test from a dollar store? so you might be able to get one quite cheaply?
:hug:
xxx

Well its more than possible to get pg on the pill, stranger things have happened. I think the other girls from the US have been more help than me :blush: i hope you get the result you want. And probably is best to tell your mum first, at least them you have the support. I told my mum id skipped a period then she came with me to the drs and wollah! :D good luck hun :flower:

If there is a carenet near you they are great. Thats where I got mine done. I think its the christian place the other girl was talking about. They do pregnancy tests/ultrasounds/std tests/ and parenting classes all for free. Every appt you go to you get to go to the "boutique" and pick out I think its like 5 outfits for the baby 1 big ticket item (cribs strollers high chairs front packs things like that) I think 3 maternity outfits for you 5 miscellaneous things stuff like that. I mean I am sure the amnt you get is different at each place but that is how mine do it. Also after 5 meetings/classes you get a big thing of all new stuff for baby and when baby is born they give you another one. There is stuff that is new there also but you have to dig for it.

I loved it. I am not christian I am wiccan but they were still EXTREMELY supportive of me going there. The ladies are so incredibley nice. They have info on everything from hospitals insurance housing all that stuff. The one I went to even had a special housing thing where if your parents kicked you out they had parents that would take you in like a foster home type thing till you gave birth as in my state you get no financial help or housing help till the baby is born.

If you have any questions let me know. Oh and the dollar store actually does have REALLY good tests. There the same they use in the doctors office just in a little case thing. But you have to have something to pee into cause its not just a stick you pee on. Well at least not the ones I have seen at them. But they can pick up very little of the pregnancy hormone.

I think its the christian place the other girl was talking about.
Sounds exactly like it! :haha:
But it was called Open Arms Prengnacy crisis or something.. But yeah they were wonderful and even the girl that worked there and asked me a few questions and didn't do the ultrasound but was there for it tried to send me a letter and call a few times to see how me and my L/O were!
I was amazed, sadly I never did get ahold of her :cry:
They weren't judgmental at all it was great!

hi hun just wanted to say good luck. oh yah and if you think you are preg u need to stop the pill and not have unprotected sex just to make sure that if ure not preg and u have unprotected sex u dont get preg.

If there is a carenet near you they are great. Thats where I got mine done. I think its the christian place the other girl was talking about. They do pregnancy tests/ultrasounds/std tests/ and parenting classes all for free. Every appt you go to you get to go to the "boutique" and pick out I think its like 5 outfits for the baby 1 big ticket item (cribs strollers high chairs front packs things like that) I think 3 maternity outfits for you 5 miscellaneous things stuff like that. I mean I am sure the amnt you get is different at each place but that is how mine do it. Also after 5 meetings/classes you get a big thing of all new stuff for baby and when baby is born they give you another one. There is stuff that is new there also but you have to dig for it.

I loved it. I am not christian I am wiccan but they were still EXTREMELY supportive of me going there. The ladies are so incredibley nice. They have info on everything from hospitals insurance housing all that stuff. The one I went to even had a special housing thing where if your parents kicked you out they had parents that would take you in like a foster home type thing till you gave birth as in my state you get no financial help or housing help till the baby is born.

If you have any questions let me know. Oh and the dollar store actually does have REALLY good tests. There the same they use in the doctors office just in a little case thing. But you have to have something to pee into cause its not just a stick you pee on. Well at least not the ones I have seen at them. But they can pick up very little of the pregnancy hormone.

What an absolutely wonderful organisation! :D I'm really impressed by all the stuff they offer .... even though we have free health care and govt grants and stuff here in the UK, we could really do with something like this just to help young mums with baby bits and finding their way around the benefits system.

I've found their website https://www.care-net.org/ and they seem to be a pro-life organisation which explains why they aren't judgemental at all .... I'm not sure I want to get into the political side of this (I'm pro choice) but the services they offer are really inspirational :D

heyyy...
it's deffinatly possible... i was using birth control pill, and didn't miss one, but they strangely just didn't work for me :/...
so i would deffo get a test...
you've got all our support..
hope you're okay... :) you're acting very mature, i know how hard it is, especially not knowing, but dont panic yourself!!
xxxx

:hugs: I have to say I would avoid going to Planned Parenthood as well, and shy away from any place where they would do terminations-- I had a test etc done at such a clinic and the nurse counsellor told me if her daughter was my age and pregnant she would tell her to terminate and really pushed me to book an appointment etc.

Good luck hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->