Nervous...updated!

Suze

Mummy to Ava & Oscar
Reaction score
I've got my first scan tomorrow morning (6+1) and I'm soooo nervous. I had a ruptured ectopic this time last year hence the early scan and I'm just so dreading it all happening again.

I have every scenario played out in my head, down to telling DP I don't want to go back to the same hospital as last year if it ectopic again :shock:

Looking on the bright side :confused: can I ask you ladies if beanie has made it am I likely to see the heartbeat?

Good luck for your scan tomorrow....fingers crossed all goes well!

I think that the heartbeat should be visible from 6 weeks, but I don't know if there's any guarantees of it! I guess it may vary depending on hospital, equipment used and the sonographer.

awe i hope everything goes well for u :hugs:

I hope that tomorrow (today?) is a wonderful day for you. Being pregnant again after a previous pregnancy loss is so much more stressful. Thinking of you.

Becca

Hope it goes well for you hun, good luck xxxxx

Hope all goes well, will be thinking of you, xxxx

Fingers crossed for you xxx :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

ps I think as Lyns said, they may be able to see hb but I thought I was 6wks and didn't see anything other than a sac, then went back 2 weeks later and saw a tiny hb - the dr said that sometimes you can see it at 6wks and sometimes you can't and with me, my dates were out by a week. Good luck!!!

There's definitely no gurantee hun that you'll see a fetal pole or heartbeat at 6 weeks. I went in at 5w6d and had no fetal pole or heartbeat of course. I was devestated and then went in yesterday at 7w2d and baby was there with a strong hb. Try not to stress if you don't see anything yet. You're still early. Goodluck sweetie! I hope you do see your LO. :baby:

Hiya, sorry for late reply and thanks for all your well wishes.

Well...it's in the right place :happydance: (I was lying there crying with relief of not another ectopic!)
We saw the gestational sac and also the fetal pole. The sonographer kept on almost saying she saw the hearbeat but didn't want to commit but my DP reckons he DID see the heartbeat (not sure where he developed sonography skills but never mind!)
We are going back next Thursday for a repeat scan but we're just over the moon!!!

Congratulations! So exciting! I bet an early scan has really relieved you!

Yeah totally, thanks! I tried to upload the pics but they were too big :(

Aww congrats!!!
I had a ruptured eptopic 4 years ago and lost my left tube.
This pregnancy,early on they thought I had eptopic again and kept me in overnight.
I was so scared and when they saw baby on scan in right place I was so relieved and crying.

I know how happy you must be,huge huge hugs xxx

Same situation as me but I lost my right tube. What a nightmare for you having a night in hospital with the threat of another ectopic. Is this pregnancy the first following your ectopic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->