nesting is it a bit early for me to be nesting?

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
Well I woke up at 6 and I've been cleaning my house I have this over whelming feeling to organize my house from top to bottom, I've already shreaded a Mounting of letters and mopped all my floors and organized my cupboards I got to sort out mine and my girls bedrooms

I don't know if I'm nesting or is it too early to be nesting but I feel like I have a ton of things to do with so little time

I had a bout of this a few weeks ago too; I ended up pulling every single appliance out of the kitchen (with DH's help of course) and scrubbing the entire things down. It went away on it's own though.

I don't subscribe to the thought that you only start nesting a few days before labor. For me it's been on and off for my whole pregnancy. Just be careful; I managed to hurt my back in my frenzied cleaning!

Hell no, I have been feeling like this too 😃. We just want everything to be perfect for when they arrive ☺️xxx

I thought I was going mad tbf lol I've been having short breaks whilst cleaning bedrooms are tomorrows task and putting all my washing away then at some point this week I'll be washing babies clothes

I thought I was going mad tbf lol I've been having short breaks whilst cleaning bedrooms are tomorrows task and putting all my washing away then at some point this week I'll be washing babies clothes

I set a status on fb whether it was to early to wash his clothes. I think we are just so excited to meet him

Well my mom said it was early but my mil said it wasn't lol I think its down to peoples preferences tbf and my washer never stops with all of our washing in my house its crazy so whilst I'm in top of it all its best for me to get it don't now rather than leave it and run out of time xx

Completely my motley crew keep me in washing up to my eye balls lol. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I love the madness of a full happy house. Think that's why I keep having babies coz me & the hubby are nuts 😂😂. But love our kids to the ends of the earth 😃. I think I will start his washing next week for sure xx

Same here hun :) I love my girls to bits even when they pull there toys out after I've cleaned them away lmao, I just hope while I'm in hospital OH can keep the house clean lol x

Same here hun :) I love my girls to bits even when they pull there toys out after I've cleaned them away lmao, I just hope while I'm in hospital OH can keep the house clean lol x

Bless ya! Yeah I love my girls too have 3 gorgeous princesses ☺️. I'm lucky my dh has a ocd so everything is away where it is meant to be lol. Before we met all those 7 years ago lol. He lived alone for 10 years. So got well tuned in the art of tidying up after himself & I think the army helped too. So I can trust him to keep it tidy. Maybe try leaving your oh a list? That might help. If he loses his way 😉x

I think it just hits different women at different times. I remember early in my third tri, all the women at the same point as me seemed to be talking about nesting, and all I wanted to do was sleep. I didn't start feeling nesty until much later in my third tri. Now that I've got most of the house taken care of (not entirely, but the important baby-related stuff, at least), I'm back to wanting sleep. :lol:

I just started 30 weeks on Saturday and have been nesting almost constantly since shortly after I found out I was pregnant again.

Just do it while you have energy and desire :) i had done a lot of organisation and cleaning around the house at 30-33 weeks and then i just lost motivation until recently. Now at 37+ 2 i still need to finish packing my hospital bag :)

I ain't even started my bag lol still things I need to buy, I've got main things but I need to get a few toiletries for me I have babies things x

I've been feeling like this too. Last week I painted the spare room. I hated the original colour from the moment we moved in nearly 4 years ago!

It's going in spurts for me. I organized the linen closet and cabinet under my kitchen sink two weeks ago. Today I really want to clean the blades of my ceiling fan, but I'm supposed to be resting due to contractions yesterday.

It's happened it spurts for me but today was a nesting day for sure. We are moving house so a bit different but I packed up my wardrobe, tidied the house and washed dried and packed away all the babies clothes and also finished my hospital bag 😀 I feel good to go although still have a whole house to pack up before she arrives (maybe) luckily my girls are very helpful lol x

I ain't even started my bag lol still things I need to buy, I've got main things but I need to get a few toiletries for me I have babies things x

You still have time! I am not sure if you are in UK, but i found maternity night dress and PJ in Primark, so stocked up on hospital items there incl dark towels :)
With my first baby i was ready and packed by 32 weeks, but now i am putting it off for some reason

I am 32 weeks tom and also have the urge that everything needs to be just so! Weve spent 4 days getting DS's new room organised and clearing out lots of junk. Just the nursery to decorate now

You still have time! I am not sure if you are in UK, but i found maternity night dress and PJ in Primark, so stocked up on hospital items there incl dark towels :)
With my first baby i was ready and packed by 32 weeks, but now i am putting it off for some reason

I've already brought some nightdresses from primary and washed and put them away lol I need to get some pants though as I'm having a c section in need some big granny pants lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->