NESTING! So much junk!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Angela49uk, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Angela49uk

Angela49uk Well-Known Member

Well, I've always thought I keep quite a tidy house, with not too much junk. A few weeks back I sorted out the kitchen cupboards, which were bad enough.

Yesterday and today I have been sorting out the cupboards and draws in our bedroom. I have had FIVE black bin bags of rubbish out of there!! How is that possible? This includes, old underwear which really hasnt been worn in years, socks, shoes, handbags and just general junk!!

Same with the airing cupboard, there are duvet covers and pillow cases that I dont remember even owning, let alone putting on a bed ever!

Please tell me it's not just me?! :wacko:

2. chittychis

chittychis Well-Known Member

Ha-ha I'm going through exactly the same thing! The past three weekends have involved my husband taking numerous black bags to the local household tip! Where does it all come from? xx

3. Angela49uk

I really dont know where it all comes from. Glad i'm finally doing it all now though, shame it takes a baby to motivate me :haha:

4. chittychis

chittychis Well-Known Member

Same for me, but think what lovely clutter free homes we'll have for when they arrive :thumbup:xx

5. Angela49uk

Now that I've de-cluttered though, I want to freshen up the paint work. My list of tasks seems never ending :haha:

6. spring_baby

spring_baby <a href="http://pregnancy

phew am glad you started a few weeks back was starting to worry why i am nesting at 27 weeks! did half the kitchen yesterday but think i over did it as painful bh most of last night, but they did finally stop in the around 4am and have been fine since:)
    was planning on doing the rest today but have taken a rest day just incase, :)
    tomo will finish the kitchen its the bottom half so will be taking a chair in with me:)
    most of downstairs is sorted just got to finish my early spring clean and then I have the dreaded linen cupboard to organise been meaning to get adequate storage put in so think will be driving to ikea in the next few weeks x

7. Angela49uk

It's never too early to start nesting, as you'll just keep finding more and more things you want to do :D

It does really take it out of you though does it.

you make sure you take it easy and don't over do it xx

8. kes_a

kes_a Well-Known Member

i really really want to clean EVERYTHING from top to bottom.just dont have the energy to :(

9. x Alanna x

x Alanna x Well-Known Member

wish i could de clutter everything.. i live with my mum and she loves hoarding stuff :growlmad: :growlmad: she just likes to keep EVERYTHING..

i just feel like going downstairs in the livin room and chucking nearly everything away.. i cant tho cause its not mine or my house :( .. lol.. argh.. stresses me out big time..

ive de cluttered my bedroom and spare bedroom tho ready for my baby!!..

just wish i could get right in there and do the whole house... lol..

preganacy has driven me into some mad organised woman.. i love it.. but just wish i had my own house to go crazy in.. lol xx

10. KatieB

KatieB Well-Known Member

I'd say the past 3 weeks I've starting really going for it with the house! I am constantly doing the kitchen and polishing all upstairs and downstairs, then it's washing and ironing etc. But it's the wiping of skirting boards and keeping kitchen cupboards looking neat and clean that is worrying me! It's the nesting instinct kicking in I suppose. I love washing and ironing all of baby's clothes though :cloud9:

11. Angela49uk

Oh I love washing babies clothes too! It just reminds me how I'll have something so loveable and small to cuddle in them soon! and i love the smell of freshly washed baby clothes, seem to smell nicer than normal clothes somehow :D

Alanna - I feel for you! It would drive me mad too xx

12. booker1981

booker1981 Expecting # 2

I am so glad im not alone in this. This whole getting the house straight is really stressing me out as i go to tidy up but end up with the house being even more of a mess due to the amount of junk i find. I just want a lovely clean tidy house :cry:

13. lilfish

lilfish two beautiful girls

I hear you!

14. Angela49uk

I know the feeling! My bedroom was spotless and now that all the cupboards and drawers have been sorted, the bedroom looks a mess lol We'll get there eventually I'm sure of it! :D

15. stickylizard

stickylizard Well-Known Member

Iv got the nesting bug really bad too! Not only can I not go to bed until the kitchen is spotlesss but everyvother room must be neat and in order too... All that really needs to be done is the under stairs cupboard and I think about it ALL the time because I cant do it without OH as its mainly his stuff. Im terrible because for example even if he is in bed asleep I have to straighten the duvet out WHILE hes sleeping! Sometimes I make him get off the sofa so I can straighten out a crease in the throw; and he is point blank NOT allowed to cook/prepare any food or wash up.cus he wont do it properly or he will make a massive mess...

Yeah I think I have problems. I wake up in a flurry at 5am and have to go see.if the laundry is dry and then go check that the babys room is all tidy. Absolutely ridiculous. And the further along I get in my pregnancy the more it stresses me out cus I dont have the energy!! Poor OH. Us pregnant ladies are a lil crazy ^^ glad Im not the only one xx

16. lynzlogan

lynzlogan Guest

LOL sounds like my house!!!

Went though one cupboard and found some old nail varnishes that must of been years old as i couldn't even open them!
    Done out my wardrobe and filled 3 black bags of crap (size 8 bikini's -ha i aint been a size 8 for years pmsl!)

I have done DS;s room twice now- once before xmas and once since, and i still need to chuck more stuff out!

17. lynzlogan

lynzlogan Guest

Also decided on Sunday- once i'd sorted out baby's clothes that my room looked too small.

OH's face when he came up to see what all the noise was about- He thought i'd fallen over!
    Nope- i'd re-arranged the entire room pmsl!

Bed on the oposite wall, wardrobes moved the lot lol.

Must say it looks alot bigger now :)