Nesting. This will make you laugh

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by MarshMellow, Apr 18, 2009.

1. MarshMellow

MarshMellow Laura, Mark, Ben and Bump

This week has been the major start of my nesting.

I have always been a fairly clean, messy but clean person well this week I've gone mad. I was even scrubbing the OUTSIDE! of my house including my wheelie bin and my UPVC front door!

I have started to compile a list of stuff to do tomorrow.

Dishwasher after breakfast.
    Hoover and dust whole house
    Change bed
    Clean bath ect.
    clean windows

Anyone got any more ideas.

2. Cat2008

Cat2008 Well-Known Member

Clean oven( thing always needs to be cleaned ) ( just watch out for breathing in fumes :S)

3. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

No more ideas but i know what you mean!

Everyday now i do all the washing,polishing,hoovering/sweeping and mopping aswell as cleaning the bathroom and kitchen top to bottom.

I hardly done anything before:rofl:

4. MarshMellow

Laura--x thats me all over.

Cat2008 I clean the top of the hob before i go to be EVERY NIGHT (again a new thing) but as for the inside of the oven that is Hubbys job.

5. Monkeh

Monkeh Dexter's Mummy

I washed all the walls and doors yesterday :blush:

6. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

I'm washing my bedding for the 14th time in 2 weeks, keep thinking if i wash it the baby will come - still no baby! I couldnt bare not having it clean for when he arrives xx

7. MarshMellow

Its crazy the things that used to just sit and be fine just the way they were are now REALLY GETTING to me.

I have 2 dogs and they walk across the kitchen floor with their muddy paws usualy I could leave it and only clean it once/twice a week now its EVERY day AT LEAST once.

8. MarshMellow

Sarah_George a friend of mine changed her sheetes in the AM come the PM she went to bed and her waters broke in bed. I'm dreading this will happen but hoping it will too!

9. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

I washed my oh's car the other day :dohh: so if you get really bored with the house you could do your/oh's car lol

10. jano

jano Well-Known Member

Cleaning the fridge is a nesting thing i reckon.

11. bethyb

bethyb Expecting our third!!!

yep i varnished my benches in the garden, brought new fence panels that my oh is fitting tomoz.
    Im going to re wash my moses basket and sheets and hoover and clean the house.
    Ha im driving my oh nuts cuz i dont stop!
    Ive even painted the shed door, washed my front and back door and all my window frames and windows. it goes on...
    What am i doing?? lol xx

12. vicky9207

vicky9207 Well-Known Member

i never got the nesting thing lol, i know this may sound werid but i think my mum got it for me lol.

when i was near due she was cleaning everything lol

13. Grey

Grey Well-Known Member

I am so impressed by you all! I wish I could achieve even half of what you are doing! I have the urge to clean everything and get everything tidy and ready, but then I seem to get quite dizzy/lightheaded, and my back/hips hurt after doing just a few mins - makes me quite cross with myself.
    I was going to suggest to you about brushing/cleaning floors (after your original list) - but sounds like everything has been covered already! -
    Amazed to hear about all the door-cleaning & outside-cleaning - this is a great idea (lets hope I have more energy/mobility during my last 5 weeks....). I would feel really good if I knew they were all clean and I'd 'achieved something' too.

14. bethyb

its strange really, i hate gardening normally but i got the strimmer out and pulled out all the weeds from between the slabs, stuff like that, why i dont know?? but then im really sad and stand and stare at my handywork, neighbours must think im balmy :) they just keep smiling at me like yep another crazy pregnant woman here! LOL

15. snettyb

snettyb Well-Known Member

I went nuts today lol i cleaned the kitchen down to the tinyest detail ( used cotton buds to clean around draining board etc lol) cleaned the fridge inside and out. Unpacked all the new baby bottles, dummies, and steriliser and washed them all in hot soapy water, and rinsed them so they are ready to sterilise and use now. Washed all the cupboard fronts, on hands and knees cleaned floor, amd rearanged and cleaned the insides of the cupboards........i was knackered after pmsl but felt very satisfied :) xx

P.S. even before i was pregnant, my friends would call me monica (friends) coz i am obsessive with my home, so imagine the degree of cleaning going on now lol xx

16. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

I'm soo hoping this happens to me, like tonight! LOL! xx

17. bethyb

yep i had cotton buds on my door sills...lol!!
    Im finding myself doing these two or three times over! still will be dirty baby clothes in the washing basket and toys everywhere before long im sure! :)

18. MelanieSweets

MelanieSweets Well-Known Member

lol all week i have been cleaning crazy, i have a thing about the kitchen being spotless before i go to bed ... i use my 'flash' wipes to clean everything so that it smells all lemony then i am satisfied lol :rofl:

19. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

skirting boards and lamp shades!

I cleaned my toilets twice a day with bleach when I was nesting LOL

20. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Ill let you know what takes my fancy when i wake up :lol: