• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Never felt so sad in my life....

anagee

Mother of Naddia & TTC #2
Reaction score
Hello ladies, Well I am extremely gutted today. Just received an E-mail form my lab that had the blood work done to check if metformin helped my pcos and to my disbelief my testosterone levels worsened. Back in Sep of this year, My testosterone level was at a normal 38 (Normal range 2-45) and the free testosterone was slightly high at 6.9 (normal range is .1 - 6.4) Today my results are Testosterone 55 and free testosterone at 12.3. I do not understand this, since my hirsutism has definitely improved and I have lost significant weight. :cry::nope:

I hate myself for not giving my husband a chance to have children. :(

Hugs! :hugs: Can you make an appointment to talk to your doctor about the results? Maybe they will have another recommendation. What is your dose for Metformin now? I am on it as well for PCOS, but my doctor has told me that once I am at a healthy weight I should be able to stop using it. I know it's hard, but don't beat yourself up over this. You're doing everything you can to start TTC. I really hope your doctor can help!

CMarie, Thank you, I am taking 500 mg twice a day. Everything seemed to be getting better and I get these results. -_- I really do not know what to make of it. I am seeing the doc on Monday and I am hoping he gives me some answers on why this is happening to me right now. Despite being healthier. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Have you tried drinking peppermint tea?. there was a study done that proves it lowers free testosterone in women .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"