Never get married in a tent

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
Ok, a Marquee. Just been to my friends wedding, and she looked so beautiful, and the Marquee was in a gorgeous place surrounded by fields and the sea in every direction. But fook me, it was freezing! Started to rain, I'm still trying to get warmed up now. The big chocolate fountain refused to work so ended up the be a Chocolate pond instead, and the pig for the Hog Roast set on fire and took the cooking tent with it, and had to be extinguished :shock: currently lying cremated in the middle of a field! So the moral of the story is....never get married in a tent :rofl: lol

hahahaha! I was having a marquee wedding last year- so glad I'm not now!!!

hahahaha! I was having a marquee wedding last year- so glad I'm not now!!!

Snap! I don't know what they are going to do for food tonight now? :shrug: We had to come home cos Amys bedtime n tbh too bloody cold to take kids up there! Poor lass x

oh my no food! fish and chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! always a chippy nearby!!!

oh my no food! fish and chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! always a chippy nearby!!!

they may have to resort to that, though theyre in the middle of nowhere :dohh: lol. On a srious ote though, what a waste of a pigs life. I wouldnt pay them for all th cock ups theyve made today. Buffet was gorgeous though!

ooh no, what a shame for her. Hope they sort something out.

glad im not having one on that note tho lol x

Oh dear, are they not meant to have those heater things? Like the patio heaters?

I really think a dead pig carcus is about the least romantic thing someone could have at a wedding?! I just cant fathom it...candles, lights, butterflies, pearls, dead carcus-check! :wacko: Im dumb founded at the idea personally! Sorry to all those who like/are having them!

Oh dear, are they not meant to have those heater things? Like the patio heaters?

I really think a dead pig carcus is about the least romantic thing someone could have at a wedding?! I just cant fathom it...candles, lights, butterflies, pearls, dead carcus-check! :wacko: Im dumb founded at the idea personally! Sorry to all those who like/are having them!

No patio heaters and we were right next to the door. Brrrrrr.
It wasnt very nice seeing it as black as coal with its legs stuck up in the air i know that much :shock: I said to OH ' should they not put a sheet over him' and everyone laughed at me :dohh::blush: Was horrible!
On the plus side, at least going to 2 weddings in 2 weeks has given me lots of ideas of what i definately do/dont want! :thumbup:

Im having a "tent" and I can't bloody wait!! I'm sure what happened here was a one off! And i'm getting married in august so fingers crossed it will be warm enough!!

I am having an outdoor/barn wedding and I am praying the weather is good. As for the hog roast, it was suggested to us and I dismissed the idea right away, not something I wanted to see on my wedding day!

Ours is outdoors as well but on a pavillion that's covered and has drop down doors (similar to a garage? ha ha ha) in case it rains.

I'm not a fan of pig roasts either if I'm honest. I don't like my food "looking" at me when I'm eating it. :sick: I love pretty much all pork products, I went to a pig roast the first year I moved to the city I'm in now and it made me sick. First time in my life I ever turned down pork! :rofl:

My OH owns a hog roasting business and does loads of wedding and I always think 'why??'. I'm really squeamish about meat anyway but i just do not get the big fuss about eating a giant pig that you can see :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->