• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Never getting positive OPT, can I still be ovulating?

Chrissy05

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm 34 and my husband is 33, and we are ttc #1. We have been ttc'ing for 8 months now, and we haven't succeeded yet. I stopped taking my birth control pills (mini-pill) last August, and we've been trying ever since. The first few months I didn't use opt's, we just tried to time intercourse with when I thought I was ovulating. I have always been very regular, and have been using an app to track my periods for nearly 4 years. Since the app had a fertility option, that's what I used at first. After a few months of not getting pregnant, I decided to use opt's. The problem is that in the 5 months since I've been using them, I've only gotten a positive result once... and even then, I'm not sure it really was a positive. Am I ovulating? Am I not? I just don't know and it's really frustrating!

For the past 2 months I've decided to chart my bbt in addition to testing with opt. Both times I've gotten the characteristic increase in temp that should indicate that I ovulated, but both times I'd tested twice on the days prior to the temp increase, and all the opt's came back negative.

Is it possible that some women never get a positive opt, but are still ovulating? Any advice?

Well.. This is a tricky one. Yes you can ovulate without a OPT pickung it up. But also you can have all the signs of ovulation without actually ovulating. Personally I would try a different brand of OPKs and see if you have a different result (the ones youa re using may not be sensitive enough) and if it still doesn't show I would go in to your gyno to get their opnion

Hi chrisdy I could never get a positive on normal opks-sometimes due yo early ov I think. I was rubb8sh at reading the lines-they never seemed to get darker than the test line. Also hated the afternoon poas. I got the clearblue fertility monitor which is a bit pricey but you can find it on offer and second hand. Poas in the morning and it tells you straight off liw/high/peak fertility and it has worked-my last 3 pgs were dtd on every high and peak day. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"