Never knew how much it hurts...

Mrs. Vet

Reaction score
I just got the "you need to relax or it will never happen"-line. I heard from others how much it hurts to get that, now I can relate.
I shared my frustration over possibly not ovulating with my best friend. She is single and right now has no desire to have kids, so she obviously can't relate.

I know we only have been trying for 3 months, one of them being NTNP. But at this point I'm not sure I have ever ovulated, I know I'm not out yet this cycle but I'm just discouraged and wanted to talk about it.

I have only shared the fact that we have been trying with very few people but I think I will hear that line more than once, not sure how to not snap at people....

Oh and DH slipped and told his dad who is really excited about it and is now asking every time we talk to him if we are pregnant yet.... lovely...

I feel your pain I don't ovulate I haven't had a natural period in years! Until last month I randomly ovulated and conceived but it was a chemical preg. If your not getting periods though you should go to doc

I feel your pain I don't ovulate I haven't had a natural period in years! Until last month I randomly ovulated and conceived but it was a chemical preg. If your not getting periods though you should go to doc

I did get a period each month for the last few months. It has been long cycles but pretty steady. I am tempted to call my doctor on monday to see if she can see if I ovulated.. I read online it can take 4 days for the temp to go up and since it got a little bit higher this morning maybe it starts going up now?

I took my temp again 2 hours after getting up and it was really high, the same yesterday. Wondering if there is sth that messes with it over night?

I find temping way too hard and too many variables! Doesn't work if you are sick or get up through the night or go to the loo or wake at different times, and its more accurate if taken vaginally!
The only way docs can tell if your ovulating is a blood test to measure progesterone on day 21 of cycle. But they won't do that unless you've been trying 12 months plus or have a reason to believe your not ovulating eg..lack of period.

If it makes you feel any better it is really rare to not ovulate if you get a period

My doctor says she'll start testing once we tried 6 months. Not sure if it'sa German thing or DH's age or what. But now I am past CD21 so I guess if I am not ovuating we won't find out until we try again next year...
It will be so hard to give up for this year!

Ha that was the stupidest advice anyone ever gave me!!! That and "it'll happen when it's meant to happen"! Turns out we got pregnant when I was bloody stressed out (end of term at school) and as non relaxed as possible!

Just ignore these people. That comment comes from 2 types of people: those who got pregnant just by looking at their partner, and those who have never tried to get pregnant.

Just remember, when you've got your little bean inside you, never say it to anyone else!!!!

Ha that was the stupidest advice anyone ever gave me!!! That and "it'll happen when it's meant to happen"! Turns out we got pregnant when I was bloody stressed out (end of term at school) and as non relaxed as possible!

Just ignore these people. That comment comes from 2 types of people: those who got pregnant just by looking at their partner, and those who have never tried to get pregnant.

Just remember, when you've got your little bean inside you, never say it to anyone else!!!!

Oh I never will!
I didn't really get it until we started trying, I did read a text somewhere though about things not to say to people who are TTC though.

My doctor says she'll start testing once we tried 6 months. Not sure if it'sa German thing or DH's age or what. But now I am past CD21 so I guess if I am not ovuating we won't find out until we try again next year...

Aww so your not actually ttc now? I understand your stress honey but 3 cycles really is not alot!

Aww so your not actually ttc now? I understand your stress honey but 3 cycles really is not alot!

We are trying but only this cycle, we were going to stop last cycle but decided to give it one more shot. Our church wedding is May 31st next year so we need to stop now if I want to fit in my dress/not want to worry about going in labor at the reception! :wacko:

My temp is still slightly up this morning, only 0.3 difference from when it was lower so I'm not sure if that will confirm ovulation, we'll see what it is tomorrow. If I go by my temps that I took after getting up I can see a temp shift but not really when I look at BBT...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->