• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Never realised charting could be so disappointing.

KatieTizzle

Mama :)
Reaction score
I was really convinced I had ov'd on cd18 despite no positive opks. I had a temp dip which started to go back up. Even tho I don't get ewcm, I had been getting an abundance of creamy (sorry tmi) and it just suddenly all dried up. I was getting what I assumed was ov pains. But today I got another temp dip so this has thrown it all out the window. Af is due in 9 days so if I don't ov today then there isn't much hope with a short LP is there? According to FF I didn't ov last month but I wasn't taking charting very seriously so just shrugged it off. I've heard after having implanon removed it can mess up cycles but hadn't heard it can just stop ov with still regular cycles. I'm having no prob with irregular cycles. Today I'm getting normal cramps I get week or so leading up to af so I can't help but feel I'm out this month, i know there's still a chance till af arrives but I feel mine is rather low now :(

Are you sure you're doing it right? Always on the same time every morning? And it's not really helping if you drop charting in the middle of the cycle or start late. It could be that you have very short LP or you're not ovulating (although it's not likely, since you have your AF on time). But to find out about short LP, you need to chart all the way, until AF. And yes, if it's short LP, it could still be the after effect of BC and it can regulate itself or you might need to take something to help it.

If you start to take temps from the first day of AF, FF should get your coverline and O day easier. CD9 is a bit late to start charting. And also make sure that you temp at the same time every morning before getting out of bed, drinking water or talking to your DH. Otherwise, temps won't be reliable.
Also, if you're doing OPKs in the morning they might not show positive. The best time to take OPKs is afternoon after 2-3 hours of not drinking and peeing.

Last month like I said I didn't take it seriously so can't be reliable. This month I have been religious with it. 9.30 on the dot every morning. I barely move before I take my temp, often don't even open my eyes. I will continue to chart to find out what is going on & I know I'm probably jumping the gun, but the littlest of things can throw me. Just the kind of person I am :(

Oh and opks I do twice a day, I get up at 9.30 and do one at 12 and then one at 6pm. Sometimes a extra one at 9pm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"