Never taken LO swimming - and have a question about it

minties

Complete
Reaction score
He's almost a year old, would he still need to go into a heated baby pool? I am not sure if the coldness of the adult pool would be ok or not, only there is a free adult pool local and they don't have a baby pool there.

i think minimum pool temp is 30 degrees. thats what is says in the posters in our local pool. i take my little boy in the big pool and its over 30 and hes fine. x

I have taken my LO in adult pools and had no problems, if she looked like she was getting cold we got out and warmed up, but she never seemed bothered by it.

You can try.
Owen has been in an outdoor pool and the sea but for some reason when we go swimming he will only go in the warm pool!

Do they not have baby pools anywhere near for his first time?

It should be fine, I've taken Maria in the lake and thats much cooler.

In our swimming lessons at the local recreation centre all the babies start in the little pool then move into the big pool after the first ten minutes as they can't do all the activities in the learner pool.

You should be fine, LO prob won't last as long as in a warmer pool but I've had LO in an outdoor pool abroad that was cooler and he was fine. We use a neoprene swim wrap that's like a vest to keep them warm in cooler water.
Xx

Freya does Water Babies and they tell us to make sure the water is no less than 30 degrees, to only stay in for 30 mins and you can check if they're getting cold by feeling the top of their head. If it's cold - they're cold. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->