Never used opk, updated - let the journey begin :)

Bumblebee24

Mummy July 2014 Rainbow
Reaction score
Hi ladies looking for help advice, kinda ttc #2.

My average cycle length is 32 days no idea when I O. Currently I am on CD13 & had a tiny bit of ewcm this evening. My app says am due to O on Monday, is ewcm possible so early before predicted O?

I am looking at buying some opk tomorrow & wondered how to test is it once daily or multiple times a day depending on test results.

Once you get a positive is O happening or indicator it will happen with hours/24hrs.

Sorry if this sounds like a lot of silly questions :blush: I've never used them before. Just went off ewcm & apps last time we ttc with our DD & it took quite some time.

Thanks in advance ladies & hope to keep you posted with pics etc as no doubt I'll need your help along the way :dohh:

Hi Bumblebee24 :)

With 32 day cycle, you *should* o around CD18-20 ish. I'd start using OPK's around CD12 to start to figure out my o day (to try not to waste many). When I use them, I use SMU and then test again around 5.30pm. If I have a decent line and depending on the strength of the line, I may test again around 10.30pm.

Remember the test line has to be really strong. You're wanting equal to or darker than the control line for a true +. The darker the better.

O *should* be within 24-36 hours from + opk. I always find it to be within around 24 hours.

HTH :) Good luck.

Thanks so much, should you only do the tests in the evening or can you test first thing x

Hi, I’ve added my opk’s from last cycle for you to see. I stopped testing when I got a strong positive, as we weren’t actually TTC I just wanted an idea of my cycle timings for when we do.
I think the hormone surge that causes the lines can go up and back down within 12 hours, so if you only test once a day you could miss your peak. If you can try to test morning and late afternoon/early evening. You can pick up the tests cheap on the internet or discount stores etc.
You don’t have to be super strict on times, as you can see mine are all over the place! Some people don’t like to use 1st morning urine (FMU), I haven’t found it an issue but I get up in the night and pee so maybe not as concentrated as others are. Good luck, it’s exciting!

Attachments

• 89AE133B-6510-4E4D-9CCE-0CCFB96DA62A.jpg
    89AE133B-6510-4E4D-9CCE-0CCFB96DA62A.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 127
Amazing thank you, just picked up a few from the £1 shop.... Ekk am so excited. Here goes first test cd14 of 32 day cycle.
Your input along the way would be much welcomed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180919-113120.jpg
    Screenshot_20180919-113120.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 88
So ladies lots of pinching this morning on my left hand side. Never feel it on my right? Tested at 7.30am this AM & there was a slight pinkish line but its not noticeably on the pic. When do you think I should start BD I don't want to do it ever day, was thinking starting to bd tomorrow or Saturday & again Sunday or Monday?

How long are your cycles usually and what CD are you now? They say sperm can live up to 5 days, but they do obviously reduce a lot in number and quality the longer they hang about. So 3 times within your fertile window should be ok I think, but clearly everybody is different!
How is your cervical mucus? I don’t think I’m due to O for another week maybe but noticed today egg white CM so maybe sooner? Typically my DH has started complaining of a sore throat and feeling ill, and he is never interested in DBing when sick!!

I am cd15 of 32 day cycle, no ewcm as of yet. I'll test again later today as like I say it's ever so slightly pink but I've nothing to compare to and see some women have no build up of the line and goes from slightly pink to solid defiant line with 24hrs and I don't want to miss it x
Here's hoping your DH doesn't fall ill & bd happens for you at the right time
Think am gonna try BD today, Saturday and Monday.

Yes, just keep testing, some people test 3 times a day, you can get the strips so cheaply it doesn’t really matter! I’d say you’re at the right sort of point in your cycle so just start having some fun!! 😉
We are trying this cycle, but if we get pregnant then baby’s due date will be within a week of DS’s birthday. So although another cycle feels like a lifetime away right now, it really wouldn’t be the end of the world so I’m trying not to get hung up about it, but it’s hard not to get excited! I wasn’t going to opk this month as I’d prefer a relaxed approach (we got preg first try last time!) but I gave in and did one yesterday, the test line is so pale it’s almost not there, so I was surprised by the ewcm today.

If we feel pregnant this month baby will be due on the day of DH birthday :thumbup:

Ekk just had loads of EWCM... BD here I come pardon the pun 🤣

Good on you! I opk’d again this afternoon, second line visible but nowhere near positive, but now I’m getting period like cramps? So weird! Anyway, DH came home from work early and has gone to bed sick so unlikely we’ll be having much bedroom action tonight. Hopefully he’ll feel better tomorrow or over the weekend, my app says I’ll o on Tuesday but I think it’s going to be sooner than that.

I'll be re testing when am home. Just wondering if I've got dodgy tests as mine are the same!

Ohh no hun fingerscrossed he starts to feel better & you catch O over the weekend weekend x

Tested today too, got a darker line than yesterday but not positive. Comparing it to last month it looks like the ones from the day before my positive test. Today I’ve been having weird fluttering sensations in my uterus area. Have you ever had a twitching eyelid? A bit like that, but it’s been going on for a couple of hours now.
I’ve never noticed anything like it before, but I’ve probably never been paying as much attention before. Anybody else had similar? DH still very sick today so if I am o-ing soon then no chance catching it this month. Xx

Yeah I know the feeling your describing. We BD last night but my hubby pulled out, part way :wacko: without being too graphic not sure how much was delivered in the right place.
I've re tested & my tests just aren't really showing any lines. I am wondering if either I've got a really dodgy batch, am not O-ING at all this month or I could be 1 of the very few women whos hormones don't show on opk? Who knows am going to keep testing. Here's hoping we BD tomorrow & Sunday. And I can get him to finish the deed in the right place :dohh:
As you can see my DH isn't 100% on board with ttc#2:shrug: xx

Finally an actual second line my app say O tomorrow :thumbup: currently CD17

Attachments

• IMG_20180922_082308.jpg
    IMG_20180922_082308.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 62
Looking good bumblebee!! I had a line again today but not positive, so no idea what’s going on or when I’ll O. Hoping DH is better today, maybe I can get him in the mood later!! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->