New and feeling down

Newmummy27

Reaction score
Hi all I am new too this site, looking to chat to other mums and in need of support. Feeling very down today, my daugther Emily is 14 weeks old and ever since she was born has been a really difficult baby, she has been diagnosed with colic and has inconsolable screaming fits that last for hours at least once a week, and she doesn't cry she shrieks and screams really loud it distresses me so much I always end up in tears! She also really struggles to go sleep and only sleeps for about an hour total in the day (20 min cat naps),I have tried everything swing, sling, dummy, car bath nothing works! She is extremely noise sensitive and hates most noises babies love ie hairdryer, hoover and screams her head of if i sneeze e.ct, and the slightest noise wakes her up. She often screams when i take her out or she has visitors, she hates the pram and car seat.I have stopped going out now as i get so embarrassed.

I have taken her to GPs, A&E , pediatrician and all they have said is she has a difficult temperment and colic. I have tried so hard, I am breast feeding, carry her round all day, but nothing seems to work, i dont understand why she seems so miserable I feel like such a failure I just want my daughter to be happy. Has anyone else had a difficult time with there babies the others mums I know seem to all have happy babies who sleep all the time!

Sorry to rant, just really needed to vent.

Zo x

:hug:
I wish I had some advice for you, but I have no idea. Hope things get better for u though!!

Oh hun it sounds really hard! not sure what to say but i just hope it all comes together for u and things get better soon! have they given her anything for colic? x

Have you tried taking her to an osteopath? I've heard that some babies suffer real trauma during birth which can leave them in a lot of pain and apparently seeing an osteopath can help. My niece saw one when she was a few months old and after a few visits was a much happier baby. Good luck with it all. x

so sorry you are not happy at the mo hun, you need to seek further advice from the healthcare professionals...how good is your health visitor? get someone to check baby out again, it's alright for them to say baby has a difficult temperrament but surely only after they have checked to make sure baby is ok, apart from the colic. keep badgering them andkeep talking to he ladies on this board - they appear to know way more than the so called professionals! and remember that when they are young it is very difficult it does get better, there is light at the end o the tunnel.

oh and make sure you go out somewhere everyday - mine hated the car seat and pram too! but with short daily doses she is getting used to it! slowly!

^^ I agree a bit of fresh air every day does wonders for me and Chloe.

Hope things settle down for you. If you're not convinced with what drs have said then keep badgering, noone knows Emily like you do

Hi- i kind of know how you're feeling, im a new mom and feel really down. Elliot's got colic-only found out what was up today (i have no experience of it before now) and he's not been sleeping at night, and wouldnt settle at all today. Ended up in tears yet again, and ended up ringing my mom to come over and the health visiter for some advice.

Everyone keeps telling me fresh air is the answer and to go for walks. Im yet to try this alone, im a nervous wreck when going out alone...

Big hugs. x x

I feel so sorry for you! I agree with the others and go back to the doctor as it sounds like something is bothering her...

You are not a failure! You love your daughter and want the best for her and you're worried and concerned!! That is not failure - that's being a mum! Just take it one day at a time and get help as you need it - either from here or health professionals, etc.

Hopefully, it'll get better and she'll settle in!

Hi all, thanx alot for your support and reassurance, I will speak to my health vistor again next week and consider trying the osteopath.
I will keep trying with doctors but Emily has been checked over many many times and they all say she is fine, she is putting on weight, feeding well, developing well, so otherwise ok. The pediatrician says he will see me again in four weeks if things haven't improved so see how that goes.
Have tried remedeis for colic but so far havent helped. As for the going out I agree will probably help but like u kitkat am a nervous reck about it have had to leave a few place in the past due to her screaming and was soo embarrassing. Will try going for walks round the block though with her in the sling.

Kitkat where abouts in the west midlands are u? I am in the west midlands too in leamington.
luv zo x

Sorry I meant kellykat not kitkat!!!! lack of sleep sent my brain to mush!

I know how you feel hun. My son hated the car up till this week, and suddenly he falls asleep as soon as I buck him in. He also hated the pram and would cry and cry. So I just started with 10 minute walks, as soon as he fussed, then I headed home, and now we can go out for a good hour!

I just discovered the bed, and it has helped my son with sleeping, he has reflux, google it and see Amby baby hammock. It supposed to be good for colic as well.

It is funny how parents always tell you how hard it is before you give birth, but can never tell you How it is hard.

Sebastian has colic. I now give him infacol right before every feed and that has helped a lot. Have you tried it yet? Also, she is screaming for a reason, not just because of her temperament. Is she content after a feed?

I took kyle to an Osteopath, it really helped but was pricey. A baby cant take anywere between 1-3 sessions. Also, when kyles crying periods would start I would wrap him up and stick him outside, the fresh air would always knock him out n he would sleep through what would normally have been his crying time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->