New and trying to conceive

anawhatsme

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have been searching the internet like crazy and wound up here.
So I thought I'd see if any of you have some advice.
We had unprotected sex on May 25th. I noticed the stretchy kind of mucous when I wiped yesterday (May 27th). My last period started May 17th and ended 4 days later.
I'm just wondering what the chances are of pregnancy, since we had sex so soon after my period.
Also, when would be the earliest I could test?

Thanks a lot!

Hi :hi: and welcome to BnB. The earliest you could test would probably be a few days before you were due on again but it may not be accurate until the day you are due. Good luck and hope you get the result you want! xx

Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm finding the waiting is so hard. This was our first time without a condom, so I guess I should expect to have to keep trying. I don't think the odds are high for a first time.

Do you guys think it might be too soon to be ovulating? My period came on the 17th. I am having a good amount of the clear and stretchy mucous when I wipe. I have read that it means I am either ovulating, or very close. GAH!!! I can't stand the waiting.

If I was ovulating as of yesterday, would late Sunday/early Monday have been too early to have a chance at pregnancy?

Any advice or experience?

hello and welcome :hi: i agree with earliest to test is a few days before you are due, might be worth posting in the ttc board as they have lots of helpful advice :)

Hi and welcome! I would think it might be a bit early for ovulation, but it all depends on your cycle, are your periods every 28 days, 30 days? or shorter? if they're shorter then the mucus you noticed might have been at the right time. Basically its easier to work out your ovulation if your cycles are regular. Work out when your next period is due and count back 14 days from this date, ovulation usually occurs 12-14 days before your period. If you can work this out, the best thing to do is have sex in the days leading up to ovulation and on the day itself so the sperm is ready and waiting when the egg is released. You can test up to 4 days before your period is due to see if your pregnant, but may be better to wait and test if you're late. Don't despair if you don't get pregnant first time, there's many of us in the same boat still trying! Good luck and hope that helps!

Hello.
I Just happened upon this website. :)

My husband and I have been trying for 2 years.:wacko: It's a long story, but he's older, I'm younger, and we had to begin with a vasectomy reversal from his first marriage, and then when it failed to produce a high enough semen analysis, we started fertility treatments.

I'm on my first cycle IVF. Our insurance just informed us that they will not be paying for it since his analysis came back abnormal. So, needless to say, I'm a bit upset over paying the $15k for what seems to me to be a shot in the dark, subjecting my body to these injections... I'm a bit angry right now at the whole thing because I want it so much and it's coming out of pocket. :|

I'm on day 5 of the Gonal F, sometime next week, I'd say Tuesday, they'll probably take out the egg sacks and we'll see what we've got. We decided to genetic testing (husband had a son who had epilepsy and childhood diabetes)... and I'm just hoping to get pregnant with the two eggs they're going to transfer... we don't need any more problems.

I honestly asked the doc for three, but she refused saying it would concern her. She said, "Oh, you're a dream client because you're so young and perfect health"... I hope her optimism turns out to be positive.

Anyway, hello out there. :echo:

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g146/GemLoux/Welcome.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back